Shooting tethered with EOS Utility

snicolephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When shooting for high volume clients, we shoot tethered to EOS Utility using a Canon Mark II. Then we have auto import settings set up for Lightroom so, they go directly in there from each shot. It works great images look proper, everything is consistent, then an hour goes by, and EOS freezes up and we have to force quit and then re open for tethering to work. Every hour it will do this. In the middle of shooting a group, or set, it will stop working and we have to reset. Is there a step in the beginning process i am forgetting or is just a default of the program?

I tried this yesterday, this time integrating LR2... it was ridiculously easy and quite entertaining... lol.

The only thing one has to watch for is file size. Transferring 25-50 MB RAW files is way slower than even transferring a FINE quality JPG. Another factor is how the captured file is treated... are they copied to the local camera stroage media card and then transferred? If so, that means one has to keep an eye on the available space. In my case, it went directly to the laptop HD without using space on my CF cards at all.

In my case, it went directly to the laptop HD without using space on my CF cards at all.
If I recall correctly, Canon cameras will always save images to the card and you can't bypass that. A disatvantage to this, is that even while shooting tethered, you would still need to change the card when it gets full. Nikons can save directly to the computer.

I don't know if this has been ungraded on Canon cameras or not...and we don't know which 'Mark II' the OP is using.

The images are saving directly to the computer, the CF card is not holding any information.

If I recall correctly, Canon cameras will always save images to the card and you can't bypass that. A disatvantage to this, is that even while shooting tethered, you would still need to change the card when it gets full. Nikons can save directly to the computer.

I don't know if this has been ungraded on Canon cameras or not...and we don't know which 'Mark II' the OP is using.

That is one of the purposes of having the option to shoot with out a compact flash card in the camera if I remember correctly. Direct bypass to the computer if tethered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back