alphabet

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.Let's try this again. Instead of participating in one of the 365 or 52 themes, I'm going to try to shoot the alphabet this year.

"A" is for "Ant"
This is a fishing fly I made a number of years ago - it's black fur and feather. I have recently started fishing, after a long hiatus.

"A" is for "Ant" #1
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

"B" is for "Brick"
This brick is from the old 9-1-1 center, where I worked for 20+ years.

“B” is for Brick

"C" is for Coins
Just a little basket where I toss my change.

cmw3_d750_97.jpg

Last edited:
These are really nice! Looking forward to d next letter.

"D" is for "Dog" (and for "Dusty")
This is one of Hello Kitty's pals. He lives on my window sill, at work.

cmw3_d750_101.jpg

"E" is for "Earth"
This is an antique globe I bought last year. It still shows Soviet Union, East Pakistan, Belgian Congo, Burma, Indochina and only one Korea. My best guess puts it as being made in the mid to late 1940s.

cmw3_d750_105.jpg

"F" is for "Fountain Pen"
I started a small collection of Fountain Pens a couple of years ago. I love writing and drawing with a nice, smooth nib.

cmw3_d750_108.jpg

Last edited:
"G" is for "Giant" and for "Groceries"
Giant is one of the major supermarket chains in our area. Anyone in the New England & New York area may recognize the logo as that of "Stop and Shop"

G is for Giant

"H" is for "History"
This is Sam's house. Sam's house is not far from where I live. Sam lived here a long time ago. Sam was a doctor and a tobacco farmer. Sam went to jail.

cmw3_d750_112.jpg

Sam was Dr. Samuel Mudd, who set John Wilke's Booth's broken leg, after Booth assassinated President Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:
"I" is for "Institution" (of the Smithsonian kind).
The Smithsonian's "Castle" building.

DSC_1374.jpg

Snowbear, I saw this "A" sign in the weeds today and thought of this thread. Did you want others to join in? If not, let me know and I'll delete.
A.jpeg

B.jpeg

Decided I better make one less obvious. C is for cable.
C.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
@snowbear This is a good thread. I am just in preliminary stages of putting together an alphabet photo book for our little grandson. Hopefully it turns out as well as your thread!.

@snowbear This is a good thread. I am just in preliminary stages of putting together an alphabet photo book for our little grandson. Hopefully it turns out as well as your thread!.
Thank you. Feel free to post your book leftovers.

M is for ...Media

www_MG_3859.jpg

Most reactions

Back