Shooting Through Glass? (Hockey)

man it costs me $200 just to sit lower bowl for the canucks.....if i can get a ticket. 4 seasons in a row of sellouts. tickets usually go for about $500 in the bottom 5 rows.

i did have a chance to have the suite for the Canadian mens olympic team tryouts....shot with the gf's d40 and 55-200mm. white balance sucked, and focusing was tough through the protective netting to stop pucks from hitting fans but i got some good shots.

Team Canada Olympic Hockey - a set on Flickr

dont be surprised if you get hassled by security with a DSLR. just leave the hood at home on the lens. Say you are shooting for personal stuff, and its not for commercial use. they dont seem to like DSLR's.

Let's talk about the Canadian gold medal for a second ... I was SO GLAD to see Martin Brodeur get that Gold ... but, really, why'd it have to be SID who scored that goal ... I hate "the kid" with a passion - the NHL takes too many steps to protect him (let's talk about the "Sidney Rules" for a minute, shall we) ...

I would have been happier if Guy Lafleur had come back onto the ice and scored that goal ... Why'd it have to be Sid .... *sigh*

i've never been to buffalo, but any other nhl game i've been to (nashville, chicago, columbus, and st.louis) they allow people to go down to the glass during the pregame skate. it may not be as good as getting shots of the actual game from right behind the glass but you can at least get some nice close ups then. i've never taken an slr, but even my old crummy p&s could get some semi-decent pictures.

robin

its not the only one i have, but the only faster lens is a 35mm

i could do that. i might take both and see what works out. thats if i decide to go lol. i still need some lighting that the money could be used for

Idk about other teams, but with the sabres, they rate games and prices by who they are playing and rivalries and stuff. They are playing the rangers so it should be a decent game.

I go to Flyers games all the time, and pay about 60-70 bucks for 1st or 2nd row seats...whereas I also go to Rangers games and they want 400+ for a first row. It's crazy how much the rates change between teams.

I was hoping to come into this thread to get an update on what the OP did :)

lol the game isnt until the 6th of april but i dont think i can go due to some financial troubles that sprung up :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back