Shopping trip

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Sweetsomedays, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Sweetsomedays

Sweetsomedays TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I am heading to the camera store soon on the hunt for some mem cards, a tripod and some filters. I'd appreciate some input.
    I need a tripod I can haul around hiking and that can withstand the outdoors. I like to photograph water ALLOT, moving and still. I was wondering what the best filters would be for still water if I am shooting into it to cut down on glare. I already have a UV, my husband thinks it's good to have a polerizer(sp) on hand.

2. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Definitely read up on Circular Polarizers. There is a thread that I just started a couple days ago because I am going to pick one up and was looking for brand suggestions.

I have a Manfrotto tripod and ballhead and I love it. Its kinda heavy but its durable and well made. I would definitely suggest getting a ballhead to go with your tripod it will make life a lot easier.

3. Sweetsomedays

Sweetsomedays TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can't believe I missed that thread, I was reading a link in there that answered my question on the whole "Do I need a polarizer".
    I am taking that tripod info with me to the store. Thank you!