Short series, some kayaking

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a spot where I learned to paddle, and used to frequent year round.

1) Above the rapids

Champlain.jpg

2) Getting ready to launch

kayak1.jpg

3) Launching

kayak2.jpg

4) Ferrying in to the wave

kayak3.jpg

5) Side surfing the wave in a low brace

kayak4.jpg

6)I'm afraid I can't leave out my ever patient sidekick who let me know when to move on by kicking me.

Sidekick.jpg

Some of the composition isn't the best, but let me know what you think please so I can try to improve.

Cheers

I really like the composition in the second picture. I also like the 4 th picture very much for the same reason. In the first picture, the first thing I notice was the tree but I think the bridge might have been more intersting to see... that's my only criticism, I like hear your comments on it. A nice series overall though. Hope to see more from you.

skiboarder72, I like #3 as well, but wish I had shot with more "room" in front of him, as opposed to him leaving the frame.

schumionbike, I had trouble with the first oneas well. The bridge is just as long in the other direction, and there is no way to get it all in from the island I was on so I chose to show at you see it.

Thanks for the comments.

I agree on #3 being the best out of this bunch...that water looks VERY cold!

Woohoo, man that looks like a lot of fun!! 3, 4 and 5 are my faves...they show the exhilaration of the sport.

In #3, I feel there should be some open water in front of him, so it doesn't look like hes gonna kayak off the edge of the paper.. The action in the shot is great, but it just seems that hes cramped by the edge of the shot

Thanks Antartican and Olympus, I agree that there should be more water in front of the boat entering the water. Live and learn, eh.

Most reactions

Back