shot from friends wedding C&C

I enjoyed this thread. A lot of good information that I found really helpful. Thanks guys.

because it's so easy to fix in post processing. the presets you are going to be choosing from could be further off than what the camera auto selects. if you're setting up a shot that allows you the time to use a gray card to set a custom white balance then by all means do it. or if the flash is the only light present then you can set it to flash. but for general shooting just use auto.

oof. Auto? Seriously? Ack.

Program mode... sure, ok I guess... aperture priority, sure. Shutter priority I suppose if the focal length demands it... but auto? Gad. Please don't do that. It will punish you by auto-selecting focus points and even set your ISO. Bad bad bad. :thumbdown:

He means automatic WB.

Can your camera shoot RAW? If so, try shooting RAW to help salvage pictures like this with blown highlights.

Also, always err on the side of underexposure. It's amazing how much detail you can bring out of the shadows in post-processing, but it's very difficult to do anything with blown highlights.

Can your camera shoot RAW? If so, try shooting RAW to help salvage pictures like this with blown highlights.

Also, always err on the side of underexposure. It's amazing how much detail you can bring out of the shadows in post-processing, but it's very difficult to do anything with blown highlights.

i assume it can, i havent done it yet though...i dont really know enough about editing (nor do i have the proper software) to process RAW files...soon though, i plan to get photoshop, and then i will start with RAW...i wish i could be shooting it already

yes, avoid blowouts, but read this.

expose right - Google Search

thanks, i am reading up on the luminous landscape article, and its got some good stuff in it

Most reactions

Back