Shot my uncle's wedding. C&C appreciated

Among echoing others' comments, I think you are being a little bit conservative with the processing.

i don't know how to do process anything! :(

oh, and i wish i could have got better pics but i didn't leave my seat for the shots in the wedding so that is why there aren't many of those. you can only take pics of the back of their heads so many times. lol

I gotta say I'm kinda blown away.

Are they the best wedding shots I have ever seen in my life? No.

But damn... they're pretty good!!! Some issues here and there with minor compositional tweaks (overly centered bridal parties with excess space around them on a landscape shot, for example) and a bit of color and brightness adjustments... but aside from that I hereby declare you the uncontested king of "I just picked up a camera and shot someone's wedding"!

ALL HAIL THE KING!

Compared to a number of these kinds of scenarios I've seen on this forum, these are the best shots I've seen... even compared to some folks I've seen around here that charge for what they do.

I'm not suggesting you run out and start charging for this, but boy you may want to consider a career in it if this was your first go.

Dang now I REALLY want to see the pics. Oh well I'll be home in a couple hours.

Ok I got to look at them and I agree with Chris, though I probably cannot take professional-quality wedding photos, I know good ones when I see them. And if you really just got a DSLR a week or two ago and you're cranking these out, I'd say you have potential to be REALLY good if you stick with it.

haha yes, i really did. :D i have always had a decent point and shoot and was always into photography so maybe that is why i have a tiny bit of an eye for it. we'll see how it goes. really nervous for this next one.

thanks for all the replies! please let me know what i can correct for the next one. i know now to watch what body parts i cut off. aside from head i am really bad for cutting off their feet. is that a BIG deal or what?

Cutting off the feet of people is a big deal, especially if you're trying to frame a full-length pose. A full-length pose needs to have the feet in the shot; a half-body pose does not ned the feet. On the one frame where you cropped into the heads, that is a tight shot, framed horizontally, and on such a shot, it is perfectly normal and reasonable to frame a two-person,horizontal shot tightly enough that the tops of the heads are cropped off; as one shooter said, he might have cropped that shot even *more-tightly*,and I agree with that thought as well.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned what was apparent to me; the outdoor lighting you had on the day of the wedding was very soft and diffused, which leads to soft,low-density shadows. A cloudy-bright or overcast day like that leads to very lovely lighting, that looks almost like studio softbox lighting. Open shade, heavy overcast, or mostly cloudy days are awesome for outdoor shooting that allows you to encompass a white wedding gown and a black tux without even taxing the dynamic range of your sensor!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back