TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
camera: Kodak EasyShare Z710
f=8.0
S= 1/320
ISO=64

What do you guys think of the composition? I going to shoot the picture again so can you tell me everything that's wrong with this one? Thanks
Picture495_edited.jpg

I would fix the shadow, but also the snow is blown out.... There isn't much you can do with that though. Snow and sunshine, when put together are really hard to deal with.

I agree about the snow and the shadow...also I might suggest playing around with some other perspectives to find one that might add some extra interest to the shot

Cheers!

Thats not bad considering the vast contrast of the snow to the other shadows.

I hope you dont mind, but I just got into HDR, and have been fixated on it lately.
Wanted to see what it could do for your photo.
It helped in ways, but it looses that "real" quality.
Picture495_editedAnd2More.jpg

~John

Thanks for all the response guy, I'm very new to photography so my edititing skill is pretty bad. I have photoshop 3.0 album starter. I tried to crop out the shadow and the picture look like it's really really really wide?? So yeah, I don't know what I'm doing.

John, feel free to mess with my pictures. It unfortunate i can't repeat what you just did =). I really like how you lighten up the shadow, I think that help a lot. I like your picture a lot even though it's not as real.

When I was shooting this pictures, I was hoping that the shadow would make the building look even more standout cause the building was in the light and would provide a good contrast in the picture. That was what I was thinking at least, I got to rethink that again.

I was hoping of taking more pictures of this building with the snow again but unfortunately, the snow had just melt today due to the rain so i guess I'll go out and try go out and find new perspective of this buiding to shoot.

Thanks again everyone.

Hey, thanks for taking your time to edit my picture, it came out a lot better than my cropping job. Now that you edit the picture however, I'm not sure which one is more accurate of the real thing. In yours, the brick is reddish, in mine, it's brownish. I got to go look outside tommorow to confirm everything. lol Thanks again.

I edited the image in Aperture a bit...hope you like.

i373216_fixedone.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dont feel bad, it took me a long time to be at my current crappy level. hehe
Just takes alot of playing around, alot of it is just sorta by feel for me, play around till it looks good.

I used Photomatrix to do mine,
then sharpened it slightly in ACDSee 9

~John

I go to Uconn, University of Connecticut if you're not a big basketball fan=). That's one of their dorms.

Most reactions

Back