Shot of Denver

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this during the summer when it was hot, hopefully I can remind myself it's not always below zero here. :lol:
13718-denverskylinecitypark.jpg

I think it would look better in color. Looks great as it is though.

Nicely done! I love the look of the mountains off in the distance.

That's a rather interesting building by the water's edge. Is it from the early 1900s? (it has that look to it)

Thanks for the link. The picture there shows the boathouse in colour....how lovely, with the yellow, pink and green shades!!!

The varying shades of brightness on the distant mountains show much better in the converted photo, though as to the dry parts of lawn in the front, I mistook those for wet (puddly) patches in the b&w one and am only realising they are dry patches now that I'm also seeing the colour photo. So that aspect was misleading in the converted one. Not that having been "misled" was in any way WRONG.

Coming to think of it more ... while you know how much I love the colour green (and there's some extra pretty greens to be seen, like in the tree right behind the boat house), and while I must admit that boat house is some nice colours, I really like the conversion better! Things are clearer. Better to be seen. The rectangulars of the downtown area as opposed to the round shapes of the trees, the waves of the moutains in the background as opposed to the static geometric lines of the buildings ... it all seems to stand out just this tad more in the conversion.

Thank you Corinna. :) You've been able to put into words (much more eloquently than I) why it is I preferred the B&W version.

It's nice to hear what others see in a scene I'm so familiar with. :)

Man do I miss Denver...and my home state colorado. I wont say I dont like Germany...just the gloomy weather isnt the best haha.

Most reactions

Back