Shot of my RC Helicopter...comments and advice if you please

Gunny79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
chopperclose.jpg

In my opinion it looks kind of like a snapshot. You could maybe change up the lighting and angle and make it a bit more interesting. I would like to see you work with it and maybe have something cool come out of it.
Tj

i agree w Tj - looks like a heli sitting on your desk under a lamp with a speaker and printer.

why not take a picture of it flying w/ a cooler background... something like that?

The lighting, glare, focus - all off. Try, like said, at a different angle, maybe a bit farther away, and away from the window, or with the window behind you. Those RC copters are incredibly fun for a little toy thing :)

why not take a picture of it flying w/ a cooler background... something like that?
Have you ever tried to fly an RC helicopter and operate a camera at the same time (even these what would appear to be simple helicopters?)

Better would be attempting to ride a motorcycle 100 mph on The Tail of the Dragon while shaving, eating a bowl of ice cream, reading the newspaper, and rolling a joint all at the same time. At least you'd probably have a better chance at success...:lmao::mrgreen::lmao:

Thanks guys. Although I would like to take a pic of it flying, it poses quite a dilemma as I'm a beginner at flying and photography, so trying to do both simultaneously will surely result in disaster!

I would ask my girlfriend, and she won't mind me saying:- she has neither the dexterity nor hand/eye coordination to fly my Heli successfully. Imagine handing the controller to a drunk octopus. Though I must say my girlfriend is much more appealing in looks than said creature!

lol

my only experience w helicopters are the ones where you pull the plastic strap and the thing takes off

point taken :eek:

I LOVE RC helicopters, I used to fly them a lot in college. I've not flown them in some 15+ years and I often find myself thinking I need to get back into it.

As for the pic, I would have chosen a better location without the distracting/unflattering background. The white balance is also off, the image is too yellow.

Well do you fly it indoors? (probably not) Or outdoors?(Probably) So even if you have it sitting on a pick nick bench outside to get it into its natural element you could have better results. hope this helps!

Edit: Gimme a "Full Cut" CTO Gell on that TV! (For some reason the WB just reminded me of this from Joe Mcnally)

Have you ever tried to fly an RC helicopter and operate a camera at the same time (even these what would appear to be simple helicopters?)

Better would be attempting to ride a motorcycle 100 mph on The Tail of the Dragon while shaving, eating a bowl of ice cream, reading the newspaper, and rolling a joint all at the same time. At least you'd probably have a better chance at success...:lmao::mrgreen::lmao:
Picture all 318 turns on The Tail of the Dragon in a big as$ ford F-250 with a huge trailer pulling 5 ATV's and the trailer is the legal limit(aka as wide or a bit wider than those tiny lanes) and not wanting to burn the brakes. Yes that was a very sickening and kind of freaky ride but at the end I can say I survived the Dragon!!!

Well do you fly it indoors? (probably not) Or outdoors?(Probably) So even if you have it sitting on a pick nick bench outside to get it into its natural element you could have better results. hope this helps!

Edit: Gimme a "Full Cut" CTO Gell on that TV! (For some reason the WB just reminded me of this from Joe Mcnally)
FYI, that is indeed an indoor helicopter, not an outdoor. It is a coaxial rotor which with wind, would cause too much overcontrol to control it usually resulting in the rotors smacking each other causing a crash.

I have a helicopter similar to this sitting 2 feet above me on a shelf right now that is in pieces. Although it isn't mine, a friend gave it to me after crashing it trying to fly it outside where he thought it would be better with more room.

RC is one of my other hobbies, and quite fun. Unfortunately, I am currently aircraft lacking right now. Lot of fun to combine photography with going to the local RC field to shoot others though.....

And you guys think photography is expensive? This is an $8,000 helicopter, one of the cheapest of the 3 helis he had sitting on the table. Here's all of them, $10k and 2 at $8k. A bit expensive and doesn't include his $15k competition heli he doesn't bring to the field normally, nor the countless airplanes I've seen him with.

I LOVE RC helicopters, I used to fly them a lot in college. I've not flown them in some 15+ years and I often find myself thinking I need to get back into it.

You should. The advances in just the past 5 years are amazing.

I'm a R/C nut as well(mainly helis, as my avatar should be a hint), I've had planes, helis, and even spent a whole summer racing 1/8 scale nitro off-road. They're all just as bad a money pit as photography:lmao:

Here's a full body shot. This bird was recently sold though. Next spring!

501844990_cp3qA-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back