Shot these today ...wha do ya think..c&c?

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,Kodak z740
(1)

3756878958_2ab079d2b5_o.jpg

I know you want critique but I think it is very pretty. Its a picture i would buy.

The image is kinda noisy. Was this taken with a P&S camera?

Yes SAM, I still only have the p&s,Two times I've accumulated the funds to buy the D90, two times from no wear get hit for the money,BUT I will continue on ,soap box over...

Camera=Kodak Z740
Exposure=F/3.7
Focal length=63mm
ISO speed=140
I have been shooting some in manual, is the noise related to the pos camera?
or should I go w/lower ISO??
also thank you all,Sam,Jeffro,and katy for all your help and comments

Also....is there an easy way to recognize noise,I use pse7,should i get acquainted w/unsharp mask,noise reduction??"I'm very new to pse....should say new to digital!

Also....is there an easy way to recognize noise,I use pse7,should i get acquainted w/unsharp mask,noise reduction??"I'm very new to pse....should say new to digital!

Your best bet is to reduce the noise with the right settings in camera and then if u a little in there use some PP. thats just me

You could try using a noise reduction program like Noiseware Community Edition.

FYI: Noise reduction software will soften your image. When you sharpen your image do it in very tiny increments as sharpening will make the noise come back and it'll look worse.

its a good shot but i don't know maybe i'm the only one but when u look at the full size view it sorta looks a bit blurry to me. my eyes could be messing up from looking at the monitor 24/7.

My problem is I don't recognize the noise."can't fix what you don't see"
is noise more obvious if i zoom in on one part of the picture?
if my ISO was @ 400 or more i might expect some but I was @140.
Is it the quality of the light sensor,meanwhile I will search the web about noise

Camera: Kodak Z740
Aperture: F/3.7
Exposure time: 1/90 sec.
ISO speed: ISO-140
Focal Length: 63mm
Metering mode: Center Weighted Average

I think it looks a little over-sharpened. Did you sharpen alot? Thats where the noise could have come from.
Mark

Camera: Kodak Z740
Aperture: F/3.7
Exposure time: 1/90 sec.
ISO speed: ISO-140
Focal Length: 63mm
Metering mode: Center Weighted Average

I think it looks a little over-sharpened. Did you sharpen alot? Thats where the noise could have come from.
Mark

used the "auto sharpen" in pse7 that is why i need to be able to recognize what to look for,and how to recognize noise....I feel I understand the concept,just don't seem to see the noise.wouldn't noise be evenly over the complete photo?not just the oof part?

Noise is more prominant in the oof part because it isnt detailed. Kind of how you could find a red speck on a flat white wall easier than you could if the wall was painted a bunch of different colors, then you were told to find the red dot. The noise is all the little 'grains' you see in the oof part. Take your camer and shoot something simple that doesnt move with the lowest ISO your camera will allow, then shoot the same thing with the highest ISO your camera will allow to get the same exposure. Pull both photosu up full size on the computer and look at the difference. You will deffinately see the noise.

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back