Shot these today ...wha do ya think..c&c?

Thanks Mark, I will definitely do some test shots,to train my eye.

I did it for you too. I didnt have much to shoot that stood still, so I did one of the babies' juice bottles. Notice in the background that there are little specs on the cabinets and drawers in the (ISO-3200 one) (and everywhere else, but theyre most prominant there. That is the noise.

ISO-200
DSC_0222.jpg

ISO-3200
DSC_0224.jpg

Mark

The slight darkness in the second one has nothing to do with the ISO or noise. Had to clear that up. It is a little more underexposed than the ISO-200 one, thats all. Both taken at 28mm and F/3.3. The ISO was changed, so the shutter had to be also. Those are the only difference in the shots. Shot Manual.

Mark

It took me a while,but I do see the difference,now I'll be looking for it in every picture I see lol
thanks again Mark you have been a great help!!

If you notice though, oversharpening can have the same effect (almost) as having a high ISO. This is the same photo with ISO200 still, just intentionally oversharpened.

DSC_0222-1.jpg

Mark

WOW I can really see it in the over sharpened pix,that may be my actual problem!
I haven't done much pp work and I already know i seem to over saturate
thanks again

Yeah a little too much noise in the picture.

Your butterfly picture looks good. The only suggestion i can think of is that the branch at the top of the photo is a little distracting.

Your butterfly picture looks good. The only suggestion i can think of is that the branch at the top of the photo is a little distracting.
If i cloned or erased it then there is the shadow on the wing to deal with,I try to only adjust lighting/contrast, and sharpness,but still learning on that,......thanks for the comment,thanks to everyone who has commented.

I did it for you too. I didnt have much to shoot that stood still, so I did one of the babies' juice bottles. Notice in the background that there are little specs on the cabinets and drawers in the (ISO-3200 one) (and everywhere else, but theyre most prominant there. That is the noise.

ISO-200
DSC_0222.jpg

ISO-3200
DSC_0224.jpg

Mark

I'm sorry but can you circle the area of what i should be looking at in your comparison.. I THINK i know what your talking about.. but i want to be sure once and for all what this noise term means

this one is probably noisy enough to see with ease
3759509077_262abced4b_b.jpg

It's a good shot. You have to work with what you have till you can get better equipment. In the mean time you can still work on the things that you can control. Exposure, composition etc. You did well for what you have.

It's a good shot. You have to work with what you have till you can get better equipment. In the mean time you can still work on the things that you can control. Exposure, composition etc. You did well for what you have.
thanks for the kind words.I have enjoyed learning so much from this forum.

Most reactions

Back