Shot while their attention was diverted

Good luck convincing your wife that you can put insects in the fridge. Although I did have earthworms in mine for a few days. That was disgusting!

Damn, they censored themselves! Do we gotta use a credit card to see more???

This is a technically great shot. I love the shallow DOF.

Regards,
cHUCk :eek:

Cheque, cash and postal orders work best for me as I've not yet set up to take credit card payments :wink:

I have an old shot of a pair of blue damsel flies. The quality leaves a little to be desired but you can really see the movement. :Joker:

As I get the impression that you are deliberately getting the wrong idea about my blue damselflies I though I ought to post them. I did warn you that the quality of the image left someting to be desired :roll:

pic118.jpg

thats gorgeous though damien
look at the colour in those wings!

*refrains from saying anything as *may* have been instigator of pottymouthedness of this thread*

where's that angel smilie when i need it? :mrgreen:

cant have the boss man thinking ive corrupted the whole site before its even had its first bday...

although im never going to get away with anything now lol :lol:

I'm not quite sure about the change of heart. MD was encouraging us at the start and my subject matter must have been partly responsible. Also my wording about the damsel flies was deliberately designed to tease. :)

What an incredibly unique and beautiful shot!

Thank you Mrsid. I created a small pond at the bottom of my garden and I get 3 varieties every year (but they are late this year). The female needs the male to hold her down while she lays her eggs on the weed just below the surface. The surface tension of the water is a real barrier for such small insects.

That shot was taken with a camera that would be considered to be a toy nowadays. Less than 1 mega pixel and a very slow lens. I've subsequently taken a similar shot with my Olympus c3040Z. That almost froze the movement. The result is more detail but a less dynamic shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back