Shots aroud Town

Domo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friends and i were bored so we decided to do a little fun shoot. C&C welcome!

DSC_2132.jpg

DSC_2134.jpg

DSC_2142.jpg

DSC_2167.jpg

DSC_2183.jpg

DSC_2207.jpg

DSC_2221.jpg

DSC_2225.jpg

DSC_2262.jpg

DSC_2283.jpg

DSC_2294.jpg

DSC_2341.jpg

DSC_2354.jpg

DSC_2372.jpg

shutter speed too fast on rolling shots. Also, try to get the entire car in the shots rather than clipping the front or the back.

"Im .. too sexy for my car ... to sexy for my ..." nah just kidding :)

I like #6. with a little tweeking would be nice. Slow down the shudder speed for the rolling shots like said above. When you have the chance to be in a rolling car as well you can get some nice exposures. Looked like you all had a good time.

ThaNks guys for the criticism. I'll take it all into consideration the next time I do a photoshoot. This was obviously my first time doing rolling shots. But I'll try to include the whole car next time. I'm working with a nikon d40 with the 18-55mm lense for now :(

Time to upgrade that bike playboy! Get a 600cc and see what a sportbike really acts like =P

(for those that will say 1000cc is what a real sportbike is...I've ridden many and they're barely any faster than a 600cc unless you're going 130mph+)

shutter speed too fast on rolling shots. Also, try to get the entire car in the shots rather than clipping the front or the back.

or both.

:thumbup:

Also, and I'm prefacing this with I'm new to this, but learning quickly...the pictures look a bit tight, I would step back on 13 and 14, 13 you actually cut off the side of the guys right arm on the left and almost did so in 14.

Time to upgrade that bike playboy! Get a 600cc and see what a sportbike really acts like =P

(for those that will say 1000cc is what a real sportbike is...I've ridden many and they're barely any faster than a 600cc unless you're going 130mph+)

It's his first bike and he likes to take things like that cautiously. Doesn't want to jump into anything like that yet.

But thanks I didn't even realize I cut off some of their arms in the pictures honestly

It's his first bike and he likes to take things like that cautiously. Doesn't want to jump into anything like that yet.

But thanks I didn't even realize I cut off some of their arms in the pictures honestly

Definitely a good idea. I'd suggest everyone start on a smaller bike to get a better understanding on how they work. Bikes are much faster and more agile than cars and most people don't seem to understand the danger that poses when they pick them up. Couldn't tell you how many times I've watched people buy a 1000cc or 1300/1400cc bike brand new and drop it in the parking lot.

I've seen at least 5 people buy brand new Hayabusas (Suzuki GSX1300R) and either send them flying off the end of the parking lot or have it shoot out from beneath them and down onto the pavement. That's around $13k for a bike and a good $500-$1000 in damage in only a few seconds. That's assuming only the fairings were damaged.

Even worse? When people get on a high-powered sportbike for the first time and then *do* make it out of the parking lot. Something scary about people who don't know how to ride bikes going out into traffic and going 40mph+

The low end is a alot more powerful as well though. My R6 doesn't have nearly as much torque off the start as a 1000. I have to put a lot into it to get my front end up on my Yamaha R6, I can ride my friends Honda CBR929 and with the twitch of the wrist the front end can be straight up. (and yeah by the time someone hits 4th on a 1000, its all over)

First bike or not, I am sure he's already regretting not getting a bigger bike.

250cc=waste of money.
It's like the photography equivalent of Canons 28-90mm lens! lol

I've done it time and again...it is still a conscious thing that I have to ask myself before I snap "are all their limbs in the frame?"

gsx-r 750
/thread

Yeah I second everyone's comments about the pics being cutoff I think widening the lens will also help the perspective (vs just moving further from the subject.) Those driving pics would be helped with a really wide angle like 10-14mm. Since you don't have a lens like that I'd back it all the way out to 18.

First bike or not, I am sure he's already regretting not getting a bigger bike.

250cc=waste of money.
It's like the photography equivalent of Canons 28-90mm lens! lol

You say that a 250cc is a waste of money, and you state that you ride. Did you start off on a lower cc bike or did you jump to the R6? If you went to the R6 without any prior training, would you recommend to your son who has NEVER ridden before buy an r6 ?

The 08-09 250's hold their value surprisingly well. Why? Because people will always want to ride and 250s are a good place to start. You're ignorant because of somebody wanting to start lower (which will be a good learner bike) instead of jumping to a stronger bike.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back