Shots aroud Town

These shots have the small-sensor d-slr, wide-angle look to them; excessive depth of field in all the wide-angle shots, causing the backgrounds to compete for attention with the foreground subjects and severely weakening the photos. Buying a 3-stop Neutral Density filter (or greater) would help you get the shutter speed slower on the rolling shots while at the same time, using a wider lens aperture for less depth of field.

about the bikes... saftey wise, for a first car would you be safer in a civic or a F-150. I say nothing under a 750. DONT get a sport bike period for a first bike but you need something with weight! 250's are death traps like scooters. Its not a matter of cc size its a matter of style. First bike peeps should get a 1984 honda nighthalk 750. its safer then a 250 ninja or a gsxr1400 and maybe the safest bike on the road. I can give you good info on this but im not going further. I have been on motorcycles for 25 years. trust me.

not dissing the OP, just had to speak up.

These shots have the small-sensor d-slr, wide-angle look to them; excessive depth of field in all the wide-angle shots, causing the backgrounds to compete for attention with the foreground subjects and severely weakening the photos. Buying a 3-stop Neutral Density filter (or greater) would help you get the shutter speed slower on the rolling shots while at the same time, using a wider lens aperture for less depth of field.

Thanks! This is really good and helpful advice. I'm a beginner to photography and this will def help me with my later shots. But I'm
not able to buy any new equipment yet but I'll def pick up the above mentioned ones and give them a try.

But no offense takin man everyones entitled to their opinions.

Every shot seems to have something cut out that should have very well been in the photo. Other than that, not bad.

As for the ninja 250: I was very close to buying one as my first bike. I'm glad I didn't as I think it would have been a waste of money. I ended up on a gsx-r600 and that suited me perfectly. I consider myself "responsible" and eased my way into every bit of that bike. I was comfortable with the throttle and agility of the bike within a few months, but I obviously didn't take it to the limit. What I'm getting at is, I believe it depends more on the rider than the bike. Just my $0.02.

~tom

a lot of pictures here to C&C on...again on the car shots it wud b cool if the background was blurred while the car was in focus (in motion) and don't cut off the edges of the car.

Most reactions

Back