Shots from last fall (A bit of everything)

Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some shots I took from last fall, nothing much, I know, but just still learning the ropes, only been doing this for less than a year. Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.

1.)
DSC02209-1.jpg

2.)
DSC02212-3.jpg

3.)
DSC01958-7.jpg

4.)
DSC02002-3.jpg

5.)
100_036965656-1.jpg

6.)
100_0364-1.jpg

You do like the different perspectives and I much appreciate that. Those low-perspective photos are quite appealing! I like all of them, the steps, the road, the bench. Well, the bench is not really that much a low-perspective view, but still ... it feels like it and I think I would have loved to see some more of those paths instead of the amount of foreground you chose.

And I wonder what made you crop the street photo the way you did? Why did not not leave even a tad more horizon and background? Why this pano-crop?

Im not sure what pano-crop means, but I can tell you that I love tight crops, but only when I feel it works for the image. The bench shot: I wanted to add another kind of texture to the image, the top is very soft and bright, while I wanted the bottom half to be a bit rough and dark, and I wanted the eye to focus on the lines, so I went for the tight crop. The street: For this shot I wanted it to give sort of a...like something is pulling you towards it, and the top half of the shot was tree's, and it threw it off for me.....I love different perspectives, thats what got me into photography. Thanks a lot LaFoto for your critiques they are much appreciated....what is plano-crop?

Impressive I love the road one!

Actually, a panorama is a very wide photo that takes in a lot to the left and the right. Real panoramas are often created by putting many photos together to make one.

If you crop a horizontal photo so that only a small strip remains, it kind of looks like a very wide-angle, almost a panorama photo. That is why I call such tight crops "pano-crops". Just what you did with the street.

I’m not sure if I can comment appropriately since I’m a noob to this, but bench picture is standing out to me; the leading lines are working with the tight crop as you mentioned. Only thing that pops up in my mind about the lines: Are they taking away from the bench as a main focal point of the picture? Regardless, I think it’s a nice shot! You have the eye to spot that one.

The road: It’s very nice. I’m interested in seeing a little more of the horizon—depending on what it is.

About the leaf: How do you get the all black background? I know, it’s a noobish question on my part, but I’d like to know.

Welcome first of all. Thanks for the comments. The leaf, I just opened up photoshop and used the black brush...thats all I can do at the moment,lol.....

Wow. I really love the first three. These are very creative and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back