Shots from the Miramar Air Show - C&C Welcome

dood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on here and I wanted to share some shots for C&C. All of these were taken with a Nikon D5500 and AF-P DX NIKKOR
70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED

Miramar Air Show 2017

Also is there any easy way to embed each photo from an album here without copying the link for each photo and using the "IMG" brackets?

Welcome aboard.

Paste the Flickr BBCode (under Share) directly without other tags.

I have a shot or three of the prototype tiltroter taken at a show in Fort Worth years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Air shows are hard to shoot! Great shots!

Some Airshows (Ellington Field) are VERY tough to shoot. The sun rises across the field. All my best stuff was shot elsewhere. The best I could do is take pic of pics with my phone. I'll think about it.

Hi all, this is my first post on here and I wanted to share some shots for C&C. All of these were taken with a Nikon D5500 and AF-P DX NIKKOR
70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED

Miramar Air Show 2017

Also is there any easy way to embed each photo from an album here without copying the link for each photo and using the "IMG" brackets?

Use the "share" button at the lower right corner of your photo in Flickr, selected the BBCode tab of the window that pops up, select the size you want (I normally use 2048x1365 here). Hit [CTRL]+C, go to your TPF post and hit [CTRL]+V to paste the code directly into your message. Flickr remembers your last sharing selection, so it's a very fast process if you're using the keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste.

As far as C&C goes, try shooting prop planes at slower shutter speeds. All of your shots were taken at 1/2000, which freezes the props and makes for planes that look like they're just frozen in space. Shooting slow enough shutter speeds to show some motion blur in the props (and in the ground if it's in the shot) makes for a more realistic image.

Excellent advice. Stuff hard learned with film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back