Shots of Friends' Baby Girl - C&C Please!

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a chance to shoot my friends' baby girl, Ava. I kind of just hung around at their house for a few hours. I took about 200 shots, and was, for the most part, relatively disappointed with the results. It was dark in their apartment, with the exception of some big sliding glass doors or big bay windows, so I was having a lot of trouble. Anyway, here are a few that I thought were OK. Your thoughts are appreciated!

My thoughts: They are all over-exposed, since I don't know how to deal with lighting situations like this one. However, I'm not sure I would change that. I kind of like what the overexposure produced, to be honest.

3846732328_e9bd7bd2c1_o.jpg

3845943975_bdd25998c7_o.jpg

3845944707_4da8144388_o.jpg

3845946163_6b64393966_o.jpg

What was your white balance set at? It looks off to me.

Im getting a lot of noise in your shots. maybe its on my end but yea they look blown out or with a hint of blue

Well first off if my great deductive skills serve me right I'd say you own a mac :) and thats a good thing because macs come with good software to calibrate your monitor which is something you should do every 2 or so months.

But any ways... you might want to take another look at your ISO or clarity in PP because it look noisy but thats not your fault, I think. And remember to keep all arms and legs inside the photo at all times. and by that I me #4 could benefit if she(I think) had both arms in the shot, its just distracting a little bit. Also in #5 you have hands coming in from off the frame. All this has to do with composition. But then there seems to be allot of PP, now I don't know if that your style (like I like to have more clarity than others) but if it is thats good for you. But if your going for realistic looks I would move the tint over a little(I would show you but you restricted that) because there seems to be a little bit of a purgle tint and a little green will counteract that. and if you have lightroom or camera raw I'd slide the recovery and fill light sliders up a notch. But thats just me, hope this helped!

Most reactions

Back