Shots of the wife - Which one do you like best?

Bokeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
A few pics of the wife, where she should be - cooking in the kitchen. (j/k) Please tell me which one you like best:

KimColor.jpg

KimBW.jpg

KimBW2.jpg

Thanks

I like her expression in the first the best, but like the b/ws better. Maybe try that first in black and white too. And you might want to reshoot with the cabinet door shut (kind of cuts into her head). I'm famous for doing things like that :)

AlisonS said:
I like her expression in the first the best, but like the b/ws better. Maybe try that first in black and white too. And you might want to reshoot with the cabinet door shut (kind of cuts into her head). I'm famous for doing things like that :)

Wow, most people liked the first expression; I liked the last one best, it seemed more candid. As for the cabinet, I totally agree! These were candids from xmas day, completely unrehearsed; I just noticed the nice light coming in from the window and the interesting foreground the pies made, and said "pose!" and she did. AFter looking at them I was really suprised at how naturally she posed on the spot like that. :shock:

Thanks for the critiques. I can feel content, my thread has been graced by Alison's critique! :)

P.S. I'll also crop out the electrical port on the last one 8)

P.S.S. I adjusted the white balance a little in the first one (let me know if you like it better now Allison); I had been using a custom one in the living room shots and the daylight coming through created a slight blueness. Also I made some cropping changes, let me know what you think, thanks

First one, and b/w could eliminate most of the busy-ness, creating a warmer effect which I think you would like.... anyway it's really charming. :)

Luv Dami

Damian said:
First one, and b/w could eliminate most of the busy-ness, creating a warmer effect which I think you would like.... anyway it's really charming. :)

Luv Dami

Yeah, to be done right I would also opt for remoing all the junk in the background like aluminum foil and dishes. I'm assuming that's the busy-ness you mean. AGain it was a spur-of-the-moment candid though, otherwise it might have had potential to be posted in the critique forum with a few changes.

Karalee said:
I dig the 2nd one mainly because her arm blocks off the mess on the bench in the background.

I agree on that. But I like the second most also because she looks the most natural in it. The first seems kind of forced to me, but there's something relaxed about the body posture in the second.

cactus waltz said:
Karalee said:
I dig the 2nd one mainly because her arm blocks off the mess on the bench in the background.

I agree on that. But I like the second most also because she looks the most natural in it. The first seems kind of forced to me, but there's something relaxed about the body posture in the second.

I also like the effect of the sun in the 2nd one...

I agree with the general concensus. #1 has best expression but B/W comes across better. The expression in #3 says "Are you finished yet?" :D

I am so offended by your comment that I can't even look at the photos..

Okay just joking.. that sounds like sometihng my husband would say to me (and promptly get smacked in the head :lol:0

I actually like the 3rd one the best.. Like you said, it seems more natural to me. Great shots though.. she's very pretty. :)

Most reactions

Back