Shots with my Holga

It's just not available at your local 1 hour lab. Just look through the phone book and the real processors will have most of their services listed. If not, call. Just ask "Do you do 120/220?" If they don't, I'll bet they know who does. The stuff is actully cheaper to have processed (E6&BW) than 35mm.

Thanks! I think I know a place I could try. I'm in a pretty rural area, so stuff like this isn't always as available to me as it is to a lot of you!

I ended up getting one for like $22...wasn't patient enough. Wish I would have been patient enough to read your post before buying!

core_17 said:
I ended up getting one for like $22...wasn't patient enough. Wish I would have been patient enough to read your post before buying!

Yup, that'll teach ya to listen to me. ;) Well what's a couple bucks... I am glad you got one! I hope you like it! :)

Heh heh...ok...bought the Holga camera, the Holga mini flash, and 3 rolls of film to get me started today. Now they'd better hurry the hell up and get here! (Told ya I was impatient!)

Ok so i now have a D70 and a holga brand new. I have ALOT of learing to do. Where can i gets some of this 120 film??? ANd how do you do the modifications to get the 6x6 or whatever? The holga was an impulse buy. I just loved the photos ive seen taken with them...

Holgas rock!! and here is the guru of Holga-dom...
http://www.holgamods.com/. You can buy the best holgas available there and he's a real nice guy.

I use mostly medium format film (Ilford HP-5 to be exact). MF film is readily available from most local camera shops and almost all online dealers like adorama (5pack Ilford for 11.95), and b&h(not to advertise). You can get MF film developed at most any pro labs, or through online labs. I get mine processed at the local university's imaging services for $2.50 a roll for B&W and $5 for c41 but prints are a buck each so i just scan mine to disc and print at home from my mac.

Crystal to get the vintage look and square shot you need to remove the insert from inside. Using dark tape-I think its called gafer's tape(sp?) tape your battery in so it doesn't fall into your shot. depending on how much light leaking into your camera will deterime where to tape the rest. i had to tape around the camera door and over the film number slot on the back. Some folks use no tape- lucky dogs. Also you may need to slip a piece of folded paper under the spool you are rolling from(left side facing the back) to keep it tight in the camera. Good Luck and have some fun!!!

The holga is probably one of the shittest cameras ever made, it uses a plastic lens, its a "toy" camera. All of them do different things and are known for light leaks so you have to tape the seams.

Wow, I want one too!!!!!!!!

NOT!

I've never heard of Holga before. But I think I want one now. It's a gadget after all. The photos seem to have a Seventies Californian feel to them. Of course, they'd have to be used in the right hands to get a good picture. So I may get one or two ok shots from a couple of rolls. But I'll have fun trying :mrgreen:

Does anyone know of a place in the UK that sells them, other than eBay? Jessops don't sell them, I can't think why. ;)

Just searched for UK sites and e-bay seems like it's the only option. There's one currently on there now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back