Should I be worried?!

Atlas77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didnt know where to post this, so if a mod/admin wants to move it be my guest.

Alright, I bought an Nikon 18-70 off ebay for my D90 and stuff started to get fishy.

The seller gave me a tracking number, I put it into the system on the USPS site and nothing came up then I emailed USPS to send me the tracking info. Also the seller said it would take 6-10 days to ship when the item location on ebay wasnt that far from me.

Heres the information I got emailed:

Delivered Abroad GREAT BRITAIN 09/10/08 1:32pm

At Foreign Delivery GREAT BRITAIN 09/10/08 4:38am
Unit

Out of Foreign Customs GREAT BRITAIN 09/09/08 7:07pm

Arrived Abroad GREAT BRITAIN 09/09/08 1:08pm

International Dispatch UNITED STATES 09/05/08 7:07am

Arrival UNITED STATES 09/04/08 9:55pm

Acceptance RICHMOND VA 23221 09/03/08 1:18pm

And heres The info on USPS that is now updated:

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Delivered Abroad, September 10, 2008, 1:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
bullet_circle.gif
At Foreign Delivery Unit, September 10, 2008, 4:38 am, GREAT BRITAIN
bullet_circle.gif
Out of Foreign Customs, September 09, 2008, 7:07 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
bullet_circle.gif
Arrived Abroad, September 09, 2008, 1:08 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
bullet_circle.gif
International Dispatch, September 05, 2008, 7:07 am, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival
bullet_circle.gif
Acceptance, September 03, 2008, 1:18 pm, RICHMOND
, VA 23221

Should I be worried? I emailed the seller again and no response yet, hopefully ill have one tommorow.

HELPP! :gah:

Since it's the 11th month of 2009, yeah, I'd be worried.

Last edited:
Well, I got an email back from him he says its shipping from Michigan and the tracking number might of been screwed up. But still, It should not take 6-10 days to ship from michigan to ottawa.

Less worried now. :lol:

Seriously... how are those tracking results relevant in any way to something that is currently happening when they are from 2008? Your shipment is like a year and 2 months late dude.

Seriously... how are those tracking results relevant in any way to something that is currently happening when they are from 2008? Your shipment is like a year and 2 months late dude.

Obviously the tracking numbers got mixed up, I did not notice the date.

Obviously the tracking numbers got mixed up, I did not notice the date.

I missed the date too. Why did he send you the wrong tracking #. Anyone who sells on eBay doesn't get them that messed up for one over a year old. That 2008 one should have been with his old income tax papers.

Why would tracking # get screwed up anyway? He got a printed out receipt with the #'s when he mailed it - if he mailed it.

Don't let him buy time and stall you until after any refund period then have him use that against you for not doing whatever sooner.

What is the rest of his eBay feedback like? If I see someone who doesn't have 99% fb I pass.

Is he selling anything else right now? If so he is probably still using his PC to check other listings and emails, and just ignoring inquiries from you.

ALSO be sure to send a message to him actually thru the eBay message system to help document this.

IF you paid by PayPal, you "should" be okay, just have all your documentation against him for when you need it.

You say you feel better, I don't think I would from what I see.

Wish the best for you...

Last edited:

No - I think it showed 09 - not 08...still way late.

Well, I got an email back from him he says its shipping from Michigan and the tracking number might of been screwed up. But still, It should not take 6-10 days to ship from michigan to ottawa.

USPS (unless shipped Priority Mail) can take up to 14 days actually. I've shipped a number of things to Canada, it's hit and miss. Really depends on how long it gets stuck in customs.

USPS (unless shipped Priority Mail) can take up to 14 days actually. I've shipped a number of things to Canada, it's hit and miss. Really depends on how long it gets stuck in customs.

wow, my body isgoing to arrive before my lens :x

New news! Whoever asked he had 100% feedback.

He sent me an email with a new tracking #, this one says:

Your item was accepted at 2:13 PM on November 16, 2009 in LANSING, MI 48924. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Looking good from here :thumbup:

He sent me an email with a new tracking #, this one says:

Your item was accepted at 2:13 PM on November 16, 2009 in LANSING, MI 48924. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Looking good from here :thumbup:

That's better, MUCH better!

That is how USPS words their online tracking information, and the date and city seem correct this time. Your stuff appears to be on it's way.

Congratulations!

Let us know when it arrives...

for sure, ill post it up but im hoping its here soon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back