Should I buy a camera...

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...or a truck?

I'm going truck shopping today with a hefty down payment to get out of my current car with a salty payment. But... Should I really buy a truck or should I spend that $17,000 on a Hasselblad?

.. or should I spend that $17,000 on a Hasselblad?

Even if I were rich I wouldn't pay that much for a camera.

In my world trucks don't cost, they pay.

I wouldn't buy either the truck or the hassy. Only you know which is best for you.

The truck will take you to cool places to use your current camera.

...or a truck?

I'm going truck shopping today with a hefty down payment to get out of my current car with a salty payment. But... Should I really buy a truck or should I spend that $17,000 on a Hasselblad?

You can't buy much truck for $17k and you shouldn't spend $17k on just a camera. I'd say, live with what you got and donate your $17k to a worthy charity.

Did I mention the "soufiej trust fund" is, IMO, an excellent yet little know charity?

Didn't buy the truck yet. There's a 2015 Silverado I'm looking at. Maybe next weekend. I hear the noise as higher ISOs isn't very good on the Hasselblad anyways, so I'll just stick to the Nikon D750 for now...if I ever get it back from service. But I am going to need a way to carry a photo booth and as it stands now, the VW GTI barely fits me in it with just my camera and lights.

At least I got a text saying that another wedding is booked. $$$$!!

You're going to carry a portable photo booth? You need something weatherproof. Start looking at vans.

It won't get you any creds with the girls but a minivan will meet all your needs. Get a nice Chrysler Town & Country if you want luxury.
You can even put a platform on the roof to shoot from at events.

I saw a VW bus for sale, but it was $155,000. The bed is going to be covered, so it'll carry the booth. It's going to be portable.

Ooh I'd love a GTi

It won't get you any creds with the girls but a minivan will meet all your needs. Get a nice Chrysler Town & Country if you want luxury.
You can even put a platform on the roof to shoot from at events.
i agree. i seem to see a lot of photographers with minivans... or maybe we should call them "gear vans"

Most reactions

Back