Should I buy a Canon T4i or T5i

If video is not that important to you why not get the t3i and save even more?

T4i is pretty much the T5i with a little bit more features from what i've learned and seen. I own a T4I and love the features it gives me as I advance my photography career.

Good choice... I also went with the T4I, when had the choice.. The T5I doesn`t have any real updates. And the 60D... Well it is just heavier and actually performance wise better is T4I. 650D doesn`t have the top LCD< but why do you need it, if you can easily adjust everything by touching the touchscreen? Also T4I has stereo recording, 60D has mono recording.. T4i all the way :) But to be honest, doesn`t really matter... It is all about the person, not the camera :D

Here's some comparisons Canon T4i vs T5i - Our Analysis I'm a filmmaker so the video is my focus with cameras. I understand the T4i is a good one. I'm curious about the audio inputs. Audio (ability to plug in pro mics), low Depth of field, and auto focus since I'll need it with my jib, are my goals when choosing a camera. I'm liking I will be able to use my other canon lenses across other canons. I've been search a long time and I decided on the T41 then yes I just seen the 'T5i' but only advantage is longer battery life... just get another battery. :) I'll take one stop over battery. This is dirt cheap compared to the Canon XL1 that is now a dust collector because it's not HD, ugh! So. We will see here's the link... Canon T4i vs T5i - Our Analysis
Advantages of the Canon T4i
iso.gif
Better maximum light sensitivity12,800 ISOvs6,400 ISO
help_14.gif
The T4i's maximum light sensitivity is 1 f-stop better

Here's another link for comparison http://www.examiner.com/article/canon-t5i-700d-vs-t4i-650d-new-camera-is-same-as-old-one I'm not sure what the
[h=3]""(700D)"" means?? vs. (650D) ?? Maybe you can enlighten me. :) [/h]

Hello, I am somewhat new to the realm of DSLR photography and I've been wanting to purchase a DSLR for quite some time now. Long story short, I have had my eye on the T4i for the past few months and when I was just about to purchase the T4i, Canon announced that the T5i would be released around the end of April.

What I'm trying to decide is if the new features and improvements included with the T5i are really "worth it". As of now the T4i body is $100 cheaper than the pre-order price for the T5i body because it's being discontinued or whatever. My budget isn't so tight that I couldn't purchase one or the other, it's more of which is the better deal.

Also, would it be better to buy the kit lens for now or to purchase the body and some other lens? I pretty much like landscape and anything from dogs to smaller objects.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for my limited vocabulary

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back