Should I buy it???? Canon Mark III

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, should I just make the leap and purchase the Canon Mark III today for $2899.00 with free shipping w/o selling my back-up Mark II's first. Or should I sell my back up first and risk this not being this cheap in a few weeks???? I really, really want it like yesterday! 61 focal points!! I am going to be in heaven. I have 3 weddings before the end of the year and I want to be completely comfortable with it as well. Any thoughts?

I am considering buying it first over the 70-200 2.8 mkii. 61 focus points is ammazing but ISO performance is outstanding!! My friend shoots ISO 1600 all the time and there is no noise at all with alot of details. We could count the small hairs on the stomack of the model at ISO 1600!

Okay, should I just make the leap and purchase the Canon Mark III today for $2899.00 with free shipping w/o selling my back-up Mark II's first. Or should I sell my back up first and risk this not being this cheap in a few weeks???? I really, really want it like yesterday! 61 focal points!! I am going to be in heaven. I have 3 weddings before the end of the year and I want to be completely comfortable with it as well. Any thoughts?
YES YES YES!!! Order me one too!!! I want it SOOOOOO bad!

Nothing quite like the endorphin rush when you click 'Confirm Order' on a new camera. Then the process starts...

:goodvibe::boogie::shock::???::neutral::bounce::waiting::cheer::D

You guys are all enablers!!!! Okay, okay, I am going to go call my bff Adorama rep. right now. I did get to play with it a few weeks ago and it was really nice. I actually liked it better than the X. Could have been just because I am so used to the Mark II in my hands though. I will have it by Thursday. I guess it is my early Christmas present to myself. :)

Nothing quite like the endorphin rush when you click 'Confirm Order' on a new camera. Then the process starts...

:goodvibe::boogie::shock::???::neutral::bounce::waiting::cheer::D

Or the feeling like your going to vomit because you just spent that much money in 10 seconds!

Adorama had it at slightly lower a few weeks back, but that's still a good price. I will be getting one, but for tax purposes, I'm going to wait until after the first of the year - hope there are some post Christmas deals out there.

Adorama had it at slightly lower a few weeks back, but that's still a good price. I will be getting one, but for tax purposes, I'm going to wait until after the first of the year - hope there are some post Christmas deals out there.

Adorama had it lower than this? Where did you see that? I am going directly through a rep. who should match that. If you can find somewhere that shows it cheaper than $2899.00 from Adorama, even if it was a month back, please send me a link. Thanks. This was the lowest I have seen it anywhere.

You'll be happy with it. Just make sure to sell that 5d mark II right afterwards so you can recoup some of it =)

I just called him back and confirmed that the reps. price was the $2899.00 with free 2 day shipping and has not went lower than that through Adorama.

Sorry, someone had it for 2799, maybe it was b&H.

edit: found it - it was an ebay auction - allegedly a Canon authorized dealer.

Last edited:
They don't price match other places?

I have never had to ask them, because they have always given me the best price on everything I have purchased from them. I research before I buy the big stuff and then make sure I buy at the right time. I would ask them though if I found it cheaper.

Most reactions

Back