Should I buy this lens?

If you want a good lens, get this little baby. Only set you back a quarter of a million or so.

well it weighs 300lbs less, so sounds like it might be a tad more useful.

yeah...i also suggest getting this one instead because it is more "portable" weighting 300lbs less......:p

Haha that is ridiculous !!!

There's nothing ridiculous about wanting high quality photos of squirrels. Just imagine zooming in to see their toenails as they nibble on a nut. :) You could also check for fleas or flaky skin from half a mile away.

What the heck is any person going to do with a lens like this? I mean I have never been in the woods or any where for that matter where I thought to myself "damn if I only had and 1000mm on my lens, I could get a real nice shot of that bear."

What the heck is any person going to do with a lens like this? I mean I have never been in the woods or any where for that matter where I thought to myself "damn if I only had and 1000mm on my lens, I could get a real nice shot of that bear."

So you'd prefer to be up close to snap the photo of the bear? I'd prefer to use the 1000mm. :)

So you'd prefer to be up close to snap the photo of the bear? I'd prefer to use the 1000mm. :)

you dont need this lense to achieve 1000mm....there are many other methods.....what others are saying is that this len is too giantic to make any practical use.....look at its size and weight and tell me how you are going to use it....i would be interested to know

There's nothing ridiculous about wanting high quality photos of squirrels. Just imagine zooming in to see their toenails as they nibble on a nut. :) You could also check for fleas or flaky skin from half a mile away.

I used my 5200mm just last week to do a portrait shoot on the beach. I was sitting on my deck 25 miles away and advised the model by cell phone of the poses I wanted, but hey, I was really comfortable sitting in my easy chair. :lol::lol:

Seriously, NASA has a couple. How many the CIA or NSA have is unknown, but it is an awsome thing just to look at.

you dont need this lense to achieve 1000mm....there are many other methods.....what others are saying is that this len is too giantic to make any practical use.....look at its size and weight and tell me how you are going to use it....i would be interested to know

I'll use my truck, of course. And... it's 1700mm not 1000mm. AND... it's F4!! If you can show me a better value I'd love to see it. Maybe the hubble is a good alternative but it's probably a bit more expensive and it's bulkier. It also might not hold up well to vibration when being transported since it's designed for zero g. And I don't think it has a canon or nikon mount, it's probably some proprietary thing that NASA invented.

By the way, you do know this was all a joke, right?? :)

Ok, if you don't want the 5200mm lens try one of these then.
canonlineif2.jpg

Ok, if you don't want the 5200mm lens try one of these then.

I've always been canon biased, so I'd probably go for the 5200mm rather than the zeiss that I posted originally. Does anyone know a good retailer that carries these? Maybe best buy or ebay?? :)

Most reactions

Back