Should I give up now!?

Personally i think there's something there in your photos, just seems to me that more knowledge will go a long way and you'll see the results you want. Good thing is, all of the basic stuff is easy to learn and pick up and you'll soon find it easy to practise the proper use to get desired results etc.. just keep at it.

The first photo ain't that bad, we've all taken much worse than that i'm sure!

Once you get to know your camera inside out and understand how and when to use what settings etc you'll find it difficult to put it down!

Goodness, I would not even want to post my first week's photos that I took with my D200...lol.

We all start from the same level... ZERO. How much you throw yourself into it decides how fast you grow.

I recommend to all new people to read understanding exposure from Bryon Peterson, it is an important and easy way to get started. Maybe take a beginner level course? Proud Photography has an excellent beginner level course that is just made for you and is not expensive.

Thanks for the comments at the advice everyone. After reading through the forum and seeing all the feedback on my post I have decided to get the book Understanding Exposure. Just went to the Barns n nobles and going to start to read it!

Thanks

Dennis

Thanks for the comments at the advice everyone. After reading through the forum and seeing all the feedback on my post I have decided to get the book Understanding Exposure. Just went to the Barns n nobles and going to start to read it!

Thanks

Dennis

Good choice, excellent book. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you start posting up significantly improved pictures next week after reading that book.

Keep at it!

I don't know if you are looking for any advice, but for me I would have shot that with a higher f/stop like about f/11 or so since it is a landscape picture, I like your compositions.

I don't know if you were using program mode or not, but there was a lot of in camer saturation, and sharpness....I would turn those off and use a computer to do the work...but thats just me. :)

Nice work, keep it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back