Should I go for mirrorless or dslr?

I used mirrorless for about a year, but have recently switched back to DSLR. Just my personal preference is all.

If you go mirrorless, don't do Samsung. They aren't an imaging company and the QC on lenses isn't great. For mirrorless go Fuji or Sony. Much better lens selection and reputable companies. Sony technically isn't an imaging company, but they bought Konica-Minolta a number of years ago and have been using their lens mount as a base for their DSLR's for years. Fuji's name speaks for itself.

As a travel camera Sony A6000 looks fantastic. You can have 16-50 and 55-210 zooms and will be covered. Or you can buy a pancake 20 mm 2,8 - it is so small, the camera will be pocketable.
Light, compact, Sony APS-C sensor, fast AF - all you need basically. And the price is very reasonable.
There are about 20 E-mount lenses for this camera, if I remember it correctly, more than enough if you are not too much into photography.

this is a tough time to buy a camera only because Sony just came out with a new FF mirrorless (no good reviews yet) and there are strong rumors that Olympus is about to announce a new one.

For my sake, if the sony A7 II has fast and good continuous focus, I'm buying a Sony body and a couple of lenses.

As a travel camera Sony A6000 looks fantastic. You can have 16-50 and 55-210 zooms and will be covered. Or you can buy a pancake 20 mm 2,8 - it is so small, the camera will be pocketable.
Light, compact, Sony APS-C sensor, fast AF - all you need basically. And the price is very reasonable.
There are about 20 E-mount lenses for this camera, if I remember it correctly, more than enough if you are not too much into photography.
According to Tony Northrup the sensor on the a6000 is the best cropped sensor currently in the market!

Under $1,000 the 2 best cameras are the Sony A6000 (Mirrorless) and the Nikon D5300 (DSLR)
I would personally go for the D5300 and here’s why:
– Way more lenses to choose from with Nikon than with Sony
– 40% better battery life
– A proper external mic jack (so important to use microphones in your video for better quality)

Hope this helps…
Sony A6000 vs Nikon D5300 – the best mirrorless vs the best DSLR - Under $1,000!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back