Should I return my T1i?

Thanks for the quick reply. I love my T1i, suits me well, but seeing its "rumored/proposed changes" I would like to have the new build quality/shape as well as selectable fps in video. If its around the same price, my question becomes more a "why not?"

Fair enough I guess....personally I do not like video function on a DSLR....I think its a gimmick to sell more DSLR's, similar as to the increasing number of Megapixels in mid range DSLR's (but thats a whole other subject ;) ).....I'd rather and do own, a dedicated video camera.

I can guarantee that 'gimmick' as you call it, will be a feature on basically any DSLR made from here on out. It's very difficult to call something a gimmick when a $3000 still camera can rival the video quality of $25,000+ dedicated video cameras.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch this short movie. It's over a year old now I thought the movie function on DSLRs was a gimmick too, until I watched this. It was shot entirely with a 5d Mark II with standard Canon lenses.

you do realize that by the time the next generation of camera, laptop, pc, GPS, DVD, Stereo, (insert electronic product) hits the store shelves, it is already being replaced by another model. You'll never be able to keep up. Stick with what you have until it no longer meets your needs.

I agree here, I would only return it if it was fault or defective, keeping up with release dates on cameras will drive you nuts.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch this short movie. It's over a year old now I thought the movie function on DSLRs was a gimmick too, until I watched this. It was shot entirely with a 5d Mark II with standard Canon lenses.

:drool:Thats really good!

So, if this is going to bother you I would suggest either getting a Costco membership so you can return your camera every 12 months and upgrade...

Sorry, but Costco limits you down to a 90 day return policy, not 12 months...unless you through a hissy fit about it! :D

As far as updates to the cameras firmware, where can i get those at? It would definetly be sweet if they up their fps to 30 on the T1i for the 1080 option!!! :headbang:

Oh... and to stay on topic, KEEP THE CAMERA! :thumbup:
I guess I don't need a membership then. The guys at the office talked about returning their Xbox's for 360's after owning them for over a year. I guess they pitched a hissy fit or they changed their exchange policies. :D

The canon website should have the firmware updates. I recommend doing it anyway even if it doesn't have the 1080p 30 fps addition. Sometimes colors are too sensitive or something and updates to firmware are released within days of the camera being produced.

Thanks for the quick reply. I love my T1i, suits me well, but seeing its "rumored/proposed changes" I would like to have the new build quality/shape as well as selectable fps in video. If its around the same price, my question becomes more a "why not?"

Fair enough I guess....personally I do not like video function on a DSLR....I think its a gimmick to sell more DSLR's, similar as to the increasing number of Megapixels in mid range DSLR's (but thats a whole other subject ;) ).....I'd rather and do own, a dedicated video camera.

I can guarantee that 'gimmick' as you call it, will be a feature on basically any DSLR made from here on out. It's very difficult to call something a gimmick when a $3000 still camera can rival the video quality of $25,000+ dedicated video cameras.

there is no doubt in my mind that the quality of the video taken on a DSLR is excellent.
Call me old fashioned or 'not with it', my personal pref is still DSLR photo only and Video camera for video. But, you never know, down the track I might change my view ;)

there is no doubt in my mind that the quality of the video taken on a DSLR is excellent.
Call me old fashioned or 'not with it', my personal pref is still DSLR photo only and Video camera for video. But, you never know, down the track I might change my view ;)

Hey, to each their own! I still have dedicated still camera and video camera. I'm waiting for Canon's upgrade to the 50d, though before I upgrade. Haven't heard anything about it, but I imagine it's got to be just around the corner. It should have video, if I'm not totally mistaken though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back