Should I sell my D60?

Captain IK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but here's my dilemma.

I recently purchased a D90 to replace my D60. The 90 is a great camera and I really have no need for the 60 anymore...except perhaps as a backup camera.
But...I also have a P&S as well as two XD-11 Film cameras for backup.

The photo store I deal with will give me $250.00 for the D60 and it's kit lens.
So if that is all it's worth...maybe I should just keep it laying around? What should I expect to get for it in the resale market?

I realize there is no clear cut answer to this, just looking for opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Hell no that isn't a good deal for the camera. You could list it on Craiglist for 400 and still be giving it away. Never ever sell your camera to "used goods stores", they HAVE to undercut you on the price if they want to make a profit.

And if you are in Windsor, you could easily post in Craigslist for surrounding US cities (like Detroit) and perhaps offer shipping through paypal (if someone is so lazy they don't want to cross the border).

I'd sell it before Nikon rivals it with an update...

Use a classified (as ANDS said)

ebay, kijiji, craigslist... whatever.

Thought about listing it on eBay...maybe I'll try that. If it sells great if not...guess I have another spare.

Thought about listing it on eBay...maybe I'll try that. If it sells great if not...guess I have another spare.

That's the spirit!

I see you are from Canada... try kijiji.ca ... that's how I unloaded my D60...

ebay seems like a hassle and if you don't have the rep nobody will buy from you..

That's the spirit!

I see you are from Canada... try kijiji.ca ... that's how I unloaded my D60...

ebay seems like a hassle and if you don't have the rep nobody will buy from you..

Cool, I'll try that. Thanks for the tip

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but here's my dilemma.

I recently purchased a D90 to replace my D60. The 90 is a great camera and I really have no need for the 60 anymore...except perhaps as a backup camera.
But...I also have a P&S as well as two XD-11 Film cameras for backup.

The photo store I deal with will give me $250.00 for the D60 and it's kit lens.
So if that is all it's worth...maybe I should just keep it laying around? What should I expect to get for it in the resale market?

I realize there is no clear cut answer to this, just looking for opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I so just bought a D60 last night from Amazon. Go figure :/

I so just bought a D60 last night from Amazon. Go figure :/

lol.... you shoulda thought about speaking with the Captain before your purchase... looks like he'll sell his for a song...

LOL Sorry Elliot!
Timing is everything in life :)

Hehe, no worries. I kind of had my heart set on a new one anyway. I got the kit for $519 with free one day shipping so I think I got a good deal. I'm brand new to photography and this is my first non P & S camera, so I'm not sure lol. It's the best price I saw from a reputable dealer though :)

lol.... you shoulda thought about speaking with the Captain before your purchase... looks like he'll sell his for a song...

I would have even thrown in a free sad attempt at late 80s style break dancing too.

On second thought, It's probably better that didn't happen. For the Captain's sake, and my prides...

UPDATE:

Just thought I'd let you all know that I sold the D60 on ebay for $500.00!

Nice job!

Last one I saw around here was going for $550, but had a lowepro bag included.

Well,
My lovely wife reminded me that I dipped into our vacation savings to buy the D90 and it was politely suggested that the proceeds from the D60 sale go back in the fund.
Guess I should have just kept it as a spare!!

Most reactions

Back