Should I switch from Canon to Sony?

I keep wanting to add a FujiFilm or SONY mirrorless to what I use. I just can't justify the expense which is mostly new, expensive lenses.

You need to work at it. I'm comfy with used products but most of my Fuji stuff is new. My X-E2 was $600 factory refurbished with a new 18-55 zoom. The 60 f2.4 macro was $300 used but perfect. The 50-230 zoom was only $100 new because I bought it in a bundle with an X-A3 that I had to return because the hot shoe didn't work. I have a Rokinon 14 that I bought for $250. I also have an X-E1 body that I bought new for $289. I don't view any of that as expensive but it was more work than just placing an order from Adorama. So for about $1500 I have a nice little system that handles extreme wide angle, wide angle, normal, telephoto and macro with two bodies.

I'm looking at that $150 50mm 1.1 lens
www.youtube]TRt2mNFxdDI
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Neither.

Go Nikon.

Everyone wants all this "new tech" inside of DSLRs like IBS, touch screens, flippy screens, EVF, Hybrid EVF, Wifi, Bluetooth, NFC, built in social media sharing, etc...but everytime I look it, I see more points of failure.

Does that stuff actually make your photography better?

I am happy with my fujifilm XT2 and XP2. I don't do video but I guess both of mine can do it, never even tried.

I am happy with my fujifilm XT2 and XP2. I don't do video but I guess both of mine can do it, never even tried.

I typically shoot video on my phone now. But there are times, especially in low light when my full frame sensor just destroys the phone's video capabilities at night. But that's just physics lol.

I switched to Sony because it is leading the field in mirrorless cameras and is head and shoulders above the cannon and Nikons. Got a adapter to use my cannon glass but still love the new e-mount glass Sony has come out with. You can't go wrong going with Sony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Derrel: I think YouTube and Jason L. made some extra coin with all of us going back over that video looking for the salmon. Yeah. I saw it eventually. The girl might be a bit miffed that we could actually notice it with her in the picture. . . .

I did watch a couple more vids. A summary of the state of the art: Only the a6300, a6500, A7RII and A9 are worth trying with these full support adapters (for Canon mount lenses), and then only for still photography. And so far, only the Metabones and Sigma are firmware upgradeable. And so far, nothing is proven to work for Nikon lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back