should I trade in my canon 600d for a Leica C?

chailatte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been eyeing the Leica C for quite some time now. Was wondering if trading my canon would be worth it.

Yes, if you want to.

But I don't know, because I do not look at Leica gear. Canon fanboy here ( was gifted Canon therefor fanboy for life).

So maybe, I guess you should, although I don't know what 600D is either ( guessing Rebel). Must be awesome if its Canon.

But, on the other completely irrelevant hand Leica sounds cooler, mostly because I dont know how to pronounce it so I guess each time I read it. Even more irrelevant; Hasselblad is where the cool kids are these days because thats perhaps even more exotic of a name to read. Never seen either IRL or heard either spoken, what a backwards country I live in.

On the other, other hand; It ( buying the new camera) will move your eye towards something else if thats what you are looking to do with the eyeing of things. That alone is -worth- it, then you can daydream about a car or beach ir something more interesting.

Good luck and enjoy the smell.

Oh, did you mean; is the trade in value of the 600d WORTH, like in money, of the Leica? I DONT KNOW.

Will typing all this dribble make me a better photographer? nope.

If it will improve your photography, by all means! If you just like it & want one? Go for it. But it's really a decision for you to make.

Small sensor, slow lens, little resolution
Basically a glorify point and shoot camera.
If not for the Leica badge on it this camera probably be just one more P&S camera in the market.

Nope I wouldn't bother with it.
Want a good camera then stay with Canon and get the Canon T6i or T6s

Last edited:
Ehhhhh, Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D)...18.1 MP d-slr versus a 12 MP point and shoot digital, with the Leica nameplate on it...I suspect that the better picture-maker might be the Canon. But the easier-to-carry picture-taker would be the little Leica P&S digital. So...the choice would be up to you.

Leica was once a leader in the world of photography. Once my great Grandmother was a young good looking chick. Both are in the past now.

The Leica C is based on a Panasonic LF1. Probably a fine point/shoot. But working with a camera with no optical viewfinder would be like working with one hand tied.

Then there's this quote: "Ultimately choosing the Leica C instead of the Panasonic LF1 hinges on how much you want the Leica look and the Leica logo."

And this: "In terms of tech, the Leica C is a match for camera's like Canon's S120, the Nikon P340 and, of course, its Panasonic LF1 sister camera. Trouble is, all these models can be had for 50-60% of the cost of the Leica C, and that's quite a price gap. "

Both quotes are found in this review, probably worth reading first.

Yes, if you want to.

But I don't know, because I do not look at Leica gear. Canon fanboy here ( was gifted Canon therefor fanboy for life).

So maybe, I guess you should, although I don't know what 600D is either ( guessing Rebel). Must be awesome if its Canon.

But, on the other completely irrelevant hand Leica sounds cooler, mostly because I dont know how to pronounce it so I guess each time I read it. Even more irrelevant; Hasselblad is where the cool kids are these days because thats perhaps even more exotic of a name to read. Never seen either IRL or heard either spoken, what a backwards country I live in.

On the other, other hand; It ( buying the new camera) will move your eye towards something else if thats what you are looking to do with the eyeing of things. That alone is -worth- it, then you can daydream about a car or beach ir something more interesting.

Good luck and enjoy the smell.

Oh, did you mean; is the trade in value of the 600d WORTH, like in money, of the Leica? I DONT KNOW.

Will typing all this dribble make me a better photographer? nope.

Thank you for the helpful tip! My first camera was a canon, so I guess it makes the both of us canon fanboys for life :) my 600d is a rebel & yes, I did mean in terms of camera quality. I've tried capturing with a few hasselblads before but the price range is a bit too far for me. I would need to save a little bit more if I intend to purchase one for now! Haha. But again, thank you!

The Leica C is based on a Panasonic LF1. Probably a fine point/shoot. But working with a camera with no optical viewfinder would be like working with one hand tied.

Then there's this quote: "Ultimately choosing the Leica C instead of the Panasonic LF1 hinges on how much you want the Leica look and the Leica logo."

And this: "In terms of tech, the Leica C is a match for camera's like Canon's S120, the Nikon P340 and, of course, its Panasonic LF1 sister camera. Trouble is, all these models can be had for 50-60% of the cost of the Leica C, and that's quite a price gap. "

Both quotes are found in this review, probably worth reading first.

You just pissed off Lenny Kravitz.

Leica was once a leader in the world of photography. Once my great Grandmother was a young good looking chick. Both are in the past now.

I remember Leica, I think it's now a 'celebrity" camera

Leica no like-a.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back