should i upgrade my gear??

Anyone want to buy a 20D and/or a 10-22mm lens?
:D
I'll be selling both within the next week or so once the 5D arrives.

camera bodies arent' that important, but in the way of bodies, canons 20d is crap compared to a 5d, if money is an issue invest in good glass, you'll still have it later when you do upgrade bodies. jerry ghionis is the only guy i personally know who uses a 5d, and he says he'd be perfectly happy if it was the only body they made anymore.

and you don't just surpass the equipment, while it helps and you may notice the difference in quality, that doesn't mean you'll be composing better etc. so don't feel like upgrading bodies is going to mean your better, it just means you spent more money.

darich said:
Anyone want to buy a 20D and/or a 10-22mm lens?
:D
I'll be selling both within the next week or so once the 5D arrives.
I can give you 50 bucks for 10-22 :lmao:

Just a couple of thoughts:

A backup is just that: a backup. It generally doesn't get used. It's there in case you have a failure in the main body. When I shot film, I had two of the same body (EOS5 as main, and A2e as backup, basically the same thing). I never used the A2e, but I had it with me in case the EOS5 died durring a shoot. If you are photographing as a hobby, go ahead and sell the 20D. If you are doing it as a business, I would keep it as a backup, even if you never use it.

When you consider if you need new equipment and are beyond the limits of what you are using, it's not about if you are using every feature. What matters is if any aspect of the equipment no longer meets your needs. In your case, you felt that the 20D's resolution wasn't meeting your requirements, so that means that your needs have gone beyond your equipment.

Hope you enjoy the 5D!

markc said:
Just a couple of thoughts:

A backup is just that: a backup. It generally doesn't get used. It's there in case you have a failure in the main body. When I shot film, I had two of the same body (EOS5 as main, and A2e as backup, basically the same thing). I never used the A2e, but I had it with me in case the EOS5 died durring a shoot. If you are photographing as a hobby, go ahead and sell the 20D. If you are doing it as a business, I would keep it as a backup, even if you never use it.

When you consider if you need new equipment and are beyond the limits of what you are using, it's not about if you are using every feature. What matters is if any aspect of the equipment no longer meets your needs. In your case, you felt that the 20D's resolution wasn't meeting your requirements, so that means that your needs have gone beyond your equipment.

Hope you enjoy the 5D!
Mark - As you can see - i've decided to sell the 20D and 10-22mm lens. interested?? :D

Most reactions

Back