Should I upgrade? or should I wait?

No one goes from a D60 to a D3...
Sure they do.

You don't know to many older photographers do you?

When you get older there's usually much more disposable income to do silly sh!t like that.

I was speaking relatively. I have enough disposable income to buy one, but I went with the D300 because I'm not going to try to be something I am not. When my skill level is that which requires a pro grade body, then I will upgrade.

To each his own. :D:thumbup:

The technology waiting game never works. Something better always comes out soon after. Just buy it. The D60 is an extremely limiting piece of machinery. You are better off freed of it sooner rather than later.

(btw, they don't give you merit badges for shooting all manual all the time - there are perfectly appropriate times to use the other modes)

No one goes from a D60 to a D3...
Sure they do.

When you get older there's usually much more disposable income to do silly sh!t like that.

I was speaking relatively. I have enough disposable income to buy one, but I went with the D300 because I'm not going to try to be something I am not. When my skill level is that which requires a pro grade body, then I will upgrade.

You don't have to have a particular skill level to benefit from a better body... though I would say for most folks the jump from a D300 to a D3 would be a bit of overkill.

Sure they do.

You don't have to have a particular skill level to benefit from a better body... though I would say for most folks the jump from a D300 to a D3 would be a bit of overkill.

We weren't talking about going from the D300 to the D3 though, he was saying that plenty of people upgrade from the D60 to the D3. Now THAT's overkill.

We weren't talking about going from the D300 to the D3 though, he was saying that plenty of people upgrade from the D60 to the D3. Now THAT's overkill.

EDIT: I read that wrong. Yeah, it's probably overkill... unless you have the money kicking around... in which case, why not?

But wouldnt most people jump from D60 to D300 way before jumping any higher.

I was wondering if there is enough difference between the D60 and D90
Cause if you want more the the D300 should be the way to go and you are not jumping to 4000 dollars? JMO

(btw, they don't give you merit badges for shooting all manual all the time - there are perfectly appropriate times to use the other modes)

I know, I just shoot in manual right now cause I mess up more that way. And the more I screw up my pictures, the more I learn from them, lol. Was playing around with Aperture Priority today.

And as for why not go for the D300? I was considering it. The reason I chose the D90 for now, is that I'm going to Afghanistan in the fall for quite awhile and I want to be able to take good video. And, I have a feeling they will be releasing a D400 with video by the time I get back. I'll just upgrade to that one at that time.

Or maybe I'll Keep the D90 for longer, who knows. It seems to have all the features that I'll need, so it's a good choice for me.

Got my D90!!! and sold my D60. Quite a difference between the two. I'm happy I upgraded, love the D90.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back