Should I upgrade?

Was that picture taken with the 55-200?

Yes, it sure was. I shot it with out the tripod.
I'd love to get the 18-200 VR, but man is it
expensive. For the price, I don't mind changing
the lens out when I want to zoom. :lol:

I am on a $500 budget, and I also want to buy the Sb600 also.

Well there ya go! You can get the Sb600,
the 55-200 VR lens, and still hit the IN-N-OUT! :mrgreen:

AHAHA yea I think that I am going to do this. Sounds like a good plan.

AHAHA yea I think that I am going to do this. Sounds like a good plan.

Actually, if you can get the lens for $150,
the flash for $200, you'd have enough for
some Kenko extension tubes for macro
for $150. Only thing is you'd really be pushing
your budget, and wouldn't be able to hit the
IN-N-OUT...

Come on.. I cant believe you only listed macro, or wide angle? You want a very fast prime lens!! I think that should be ahead of any other lens you want to get!

Come on.. I cant believe you only listed macro, or wide angle? You want a very fast prime lens!! I think that should be ahead of any other lens you want to get!

Why? I don't own a fast prime and don't really care to. I have owned plenty in the past including the incredible Sigma 50 f1.4. If he is only interested in macro or wide angle...no sense in wasting moey on a fast prime. I'd take my Tamron 17-50 f2.8 over a 35/50 f1.8 combo any day.

Well I am new to this photography and I only listed the one that I see that I see on B&H

wow who is going to buy your used D3000 for 550? You can walk into a Best Buy and get a brand new one for 500

Nates have a very very good idea for you to upgrade to D5000! I don't think upgrading to t1i and paying $$ would be good, but unless you go T2i :)

wow who is going to buy your used D3000 for 550? You can walk into a Best Buy and get a brand new one for 500
I did buy the D3000 less then a month ago, and I have to think of tax and all that too, so that sounds right. And the camera has only been taken out twice.

Nates have a very very good idea for you to upgrade to D5000! I don't think upgrading to t1i and paying $$ would be good, but unless you go T2i :)
When I bought my camera at Samy's I ask them if the D5000 was worth an extra $200 and they said that the only thing is the extra 2 MP and the video feature and I already have an HD video camercorder at home.

I did buy the D3000 less then a month ago, and I have to think of tax and all that too, so that sounds right. And the camera has only been taken out twice.

No offense, but it doesn't matter at all what you spent for it...what matters is what they sell for at the time you try to sell. Just because you overpaid (sounds like you did) doesn't mean you will get that back selling used unless you find somebody that doesn't know any better (which it sounds like you had).

When I bought my camera at Samy's I ask them if the D5000 was worth an extra $200 and they said that the only thing is the extra 2 MP and the video feature and I already have an HD video camercorder at home.

They lied. 2mp difference is probably the smallest reason for upgrading. The D5000 uses a completely different....tons better sensor...same sensor as in the D90, D300, and D300s. High iso performance blows away the D3000 meaning in lower light, you can shoot nicer photos without having to use a flash, 11 point AF, faster frames (more frames per second) for sequences, plus many other things. The sensor upgrade alone (not mp) is worth $200.

I just ordered me a D5000. D3000 wasn't even a consideration...oh and I spent $509 versus the $550 you'd want out of your D3000. Sorry if that seems harsh, but my point is that it doesn't matter what you spent on something...I saw a D3000 kit at staples yesterday for less than $500 brand new.

I'm saying if you already have someone lined up to buy it for 500 they are stupid and you should take it right now! lol

No offense, but it doesn't matter at all what you spent for it...what matters is what they sell for at the time you try to sell. Just because you overpaid (sounds like you did) doesn't mean you will get that back selling used unless you find somebody that doesn't know any better (which it sounds like you had).

They lied. 2mp difference is probably the smallest reason for upgrading. The D5000 uses a completely different....tons better sensor...same sensor as in the D90, D300, and D300s. High iso performance blows away the D3000 meaning in lower light, you can shoot nicer photos without having to use a flash, 11 point AF, faster frames (more frames per second) for sequences, plus many other things. The sensor upgrade alone (not mp) is worth $200.

I just ordered me a D5000. D3000 wasn't even a consideration...oh and I spent $509 versus the $550 you'd want out of your D3000. Sorry if that seems harsh, but my point is that it doesn't matter what you spent on something...I saw a D3000 kit at staples yesterday for less than $500 brand new.
Well its a little to late now because I can't go back. I'll just stick with what I have until next summer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back