Shouldn't it be call "Cab?"

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Well, they are thinking about importing black taxis to New York. The only problem is that they cost twice as much as the usual yellow ones. But they're bigger, easier to drive, cheaper to run and last a lot longer. There are already a few there.

Hey MC- not only is it unoriginal, but it's the typical bastardization from this american remake theme that has been sweeping the cine scene for sooo long. It bugs me to no end!!!! We can't do anything without turning it into a Happy meal commercial.

Which reminds me has anyone seen "SUPER SIZE ME"?
It is very scary!!! I'm trying not eat fast food anymore because of it. So far so good! :D

and didn't you realise that they bombard the rest of the world with their movies. When there are hits from other countries, they won't import it. Then when they do an american version, they will not mention anything about where the original came from.

Taxi is one example. Quintin Tarantino has nothing to do with the movie Hero, but that's the only name I see on the credits. Also, Jet Lee isn't the only main character. In fact, Meggie Chang and Tony Leung were more important. Well, sad for Americans, because they only get what they are fed with.

Karalee said:
I saw supersize me at the vid store - I thought it was a comedy, I guess its not then :-?

Nope it's a documentary. it is funny AND very disturbing.

I know MC. We all saw what C. Crowe did to Amenábar's "Abre los ojos" (Open Your Eyes) with "Vanilla Sky". He turned it into a music video with Tom Cruise. It made me sooo sick to see a fav of mine get gutted. And I don't recall him giving credit to him for it. Yep we Americans need our electric crack- sugar coated. :lol:

molested_cow said:
Ok, Hollywood is copying the French movie "Taxi". Strange things, since it takes place in NYC, instead of calling it Cab, it's still called Taxi.

How unoriginal.....

The upcoming one:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?id=1808406188&d=hv&cf=info

French one in 1998
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0152930/

BTW, just for those of you who don't know, there was already Taxi 3.

Actually i know all of them .... but didnt know that they doin another.....is it some kind of remake or something.......says that luc besson is the producer?! weird

I loved all of them the french movies.....their so funny :LOL:

mygrain said:
Karalee said:
I saw supersize me at the vid store - I thought it was a comedy, I guess its not then :-?

Nope it's a documentary. it is funny AND very disturbing.

I know MC. We all saw what C. Crowe did to Amenábar's "Abre los ojos" (Open Your Eyes) with "Vanilla Sky". He turned it into a music video with Tom Cruise. It made me sooo sick to see a fav of mine get gutted. And I don't recall him giving credit to him for it. Yep we Americans need our electric crack- sugar coated. :lol:

yeah .... and Pénelope is on both movies!!!

Ah! actually i think that on the dvd explains everything.....like that the movie is remake blá blá blá.........

Never gave the DVD a chance...I almost walked out on it at the theater- but I just had to see the end.

Amenabar is awesome!!! Has anyone seen "Tesis"(Thesis)? That's a real fun movie. "The Others" was really cool too.

ferny said:
Well, they are thinking about importing black taxis to New York. The only problem is that they cost twice as much as the usual yellow ones. But they're bigger, easier to drive, cheaper to run and last a lot longer. There are already a few there.

Heh, theres a company in Boston who used black "London" cabs in its service. Weird to see on the road, not as weird as seeing an original Mini Cooper though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back