Show me a pic with and without a lens hood

j2talc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just looking for someone to show me what difference a lens hood makes when taking pictures. I know people say they are really a necessity for taking pics and lens protection but I currently don't have one. So please show me what I am missing! Thanks.

You get really crappy lens flare when in the sun....

Shoot with a hood!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CCTV_Lens_flare.jpg
Image:CCTV_Lens_flare.jpg

Last edited:
I am just looking for someone to show me what difference a lens hood makes when taking pictures. I know people say they are really a necessity for taking pics and lens protection but I currently don't have one. So please show me what I am missing! Thanks.

Go outside on a sunny day early morning or late afternoon. Look toward the sun. Now shade you eyes from the glare. Which works better? Your eye is a lens and the improvised hood you just made does the same thing as a hood on a camera lens does.

Shoot with a hood!
With that angle you'd get flare even with a hood.... the sun's in the picture.

Last edited:
:lol: reg... AWESOME flare, dude. Who needs Photoshop?! hahahaha

Shoot with a hood!

Clarify one thing for me. Was this a photo of some trees and you got lens flare or was this supposed to be a photo of lens flare and some trees snuck in?:lmao:

Last edited:
Like I said, it's a CCTV still.

Can't say much beyond that since it's a total wikipedia rip and now I'm sure that I'll be getting yet another pm because I didn't change it to a link before everyone quoted it...

c'est la vie

Like I said, it's a CCTV still.

Can't say much beyond that since it's a total wikipedia rip and now I'm sure that I'll be getting yet another pm because I didn't change it to a link before everyone quoted it...

c'est la vie
Or we could delete them from our quotes :p

What's CCTV stand for...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back