Show Real Names

xfloggingkylex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure how hard this is to impliment, but before I found this site I was part of the texasphotoforum (may be good for you chase ;)) and after I was there a few months, they added a new feature called "Real First Name:" It worked much like how our "photos are not ok to edit" thing works and just like that, you select if your real name is displayed or not. It really helps make the atmosphere more friendly and personal.

Not sure how hard it would be to add, but it would be awesome IMO.

www.texasphotoforum.com for reference.

As long as it's optional, doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Although after you're around here for a while, your name gets out. :greenpbl:

You're right EB
But it's still nicer when someone calls you by your name rather than your nickname.
I'm sure some people know mine is David but I'm often referred to as Darich.
I don't mind either but i can see exactly what xfloggingkylex means.

PS as an aside i know both your nicknames but neither real name so my post almost seems impersonal!

I generally prefer to not use my real name on line. Although I make no attempt to hide it (Sean) I prefer to use Morydd because it's the identity I use everywhere on-line, and because of the nature of the internet, While I may be perfectly comfortable with %99.9 of the people on the net, that remaining %.1 is a lot of people. It would take little or no effort to find out my real info (including home address) but that little layer of extra effort makes a huge difference in comfort for me.

That said, it's much more about consistancy than anything. I don't really feel that use of Morydd is less personal than Sean any more than I think using Bob would be less personal than Robert.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I have people who call me scwid (pronounced squid) in person. its been ny name online since the day I had my internet hooked up.

My actual name is Rick but I would just as soon be called scwid, because im sure i am not the only rick on here.

Either one is just as personal to me, just like the nick names people at work have been known to call me. It actually sounds strange to me when some people call me me rick. So if you want to know my name, ask...but im fine being called scwid..lol

to be honest I don't mind if people call me LP, lostprophet or my real name of Reginald Arthur Magness the third

I dont mind what people call me, but it is certainly more personal when I am refered to as Kyle, as opposed to xfloggingkylex, which is my screen name for everything I have ever used, save for games (where I am CaptainMorganTA, Morgan being my middle name)

Most reactions

Back