Show us your rig...

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eMac.jpg
Mine isn't anything remarkable, but I just did some serious upgrading. JLW refers to it as the Boris Karloff Edition workstation.

From the left:

-JBL creature subwoofer and 2 creature satellites. New setup. For $40.00 new on ebay you can't lose. Listening to baroque classical web radio on them right now. That kind of music is a good workout for a speaker system as it covers the very high end all the way deep enough into the very low sonic/subsonic range to expose any woofer deficiency. At 4.5" and a bottom of 45 hz (per specs and it sounds right) it's hard to call it a sub...but it's a good woofer. Not audiophile grade but leaps ahead of the OEM speakers.

-Coca-Cola hippy type lava lamp. Old. Won as a prize in a local billiards tournament.

-Boston electric pencil sharpener. Way old. Yes I still use pencils and cipher numbers longhand sometimes. I also like to scratch out my thoughts by hand...and I like erasers as well.

-Apple eMac. 1.25 ghz G4. 512 mb ram. 60 gb hard drive. CD burner and DVD ROM. 17 inch monitor. 3 yrs old. All in 1 box. Keyboard and laser mouse. Adobe Photoshop Elements running onscreen.

-HAL 9K 160 gb firewire HD. New.

-DSL modem.

-7 port USB hub. On the left is a bluetooth antenna plugged in. Lights up like a Christmas tree. Both are new. Blue tooth works awesomely well with the Motorola Razr and a Palm Tungsten E2.

-Wacom New Grapire 4X5 graphics pad, cordless mouse. and cordless pencil...yes it has an e-eraser on the other end.

-Epson RX700 all in one 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi 1.5 picoliter photograde printer, 3200 optical dpi scanner and high speed color copier. New. If anybody needs one these are on sale now at the Epson website. IMHO an insanely good deal.

-Boston electric stapler. Very old.

-Brother plain paper facsimile machine. Old.

LWW

Meh, I don't have a picture of it, and I couldn't really capture all of it since it's spread all over the place but my system is:

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers (Best $150 I ever spent, they thump, hard)
Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer
Epson Stylus Photo R800 inkjet printer - 8 color goodness that I almost never use and should probably sell to someone on here
LaCie Electron Blue 19" CRT monitor with hood (Most gorgeous colors you'll ever see)
19" Samsung CRT
Homebuilt PC, old, Athlon XP 3200, 2GB ram, 2x80GB SATA RAID 1, 1 200GB SATA, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW, Radeon 9600XT, oddly I use builtin sound for my nice speakers. it's to big and and ugly, need to upgrade.
Graphire 4x5
2x APC Smart-UPS 700
Dell dimension something or other, 3.4 P4 1gb ram, Linux server.
HP Proliant DL580, 2x800Mhz P3 - 3GB ram - 4 x 300GB 10,000RPM Ultra3 SCSI in raid 5 for 900GB total storage (Stuck behind my bar now since it's so damn loud)

Various other crap that comes with owning PCs. I'm in IT mainly, so I end up collecting stuff, like the drives for my server. They normally sell for over $1,000 each brand new. I got 4 that were thrown out and bad, warranty is 5 years on em so I called compaq and had 4 new ones sent to me. $4,000 for free. UPS'es had bad batteries. So I went to Farm & Fleet and bought 4 new ones (2 each) for 60$ - $700 in UPS' for practically free :)

Mine's only half-assembled right now (been relocating it to another room in the house), so I can't take a picture, but:

Main System:
Abit NF7 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz (3200+)
1024GB Corsair PC3200 ValueRAM
160GB/8MB Cache WD, 250GB/16MB Cache Maxtor Hard Drives
2x 16x Sony DVD-RW
Microsoft Natural 4000 Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse

Video Chain:
128MB eVGA GeForce 6800 -> Dell 2001FP 20.1" LCD

Audio Chain:
Chaintech AV-710 (TOSLINK Optical) + Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (Coaxial SP/DIF) -> Entech 203.2 DAC -> PIMETA Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD-580, Grado SR-80 Headphones

This build's about 2.5 years old, and come May-ish I intend to replace it (except the Audio Chain) with a new build.

A bit cluttered space but its functional...

190234551.jpg

Mac dual G5 1.8 w/ 4gb memory
Powerbook G4
Apple Cinema Display 20 inch display on a Ergotron Neo-Flex Monitor Arm
Samsung Syncmaster 405B
2xAcomdata 250gb firewire drives
4x5 wacom tablet
Epson 2200 ink jet
Epson 3170 flatbed scanner

Stuff that doesn't belong on my desk... glass of water from last night, bills, a stick of memory that died last night, a space usb 2.0 card.

All that stuff on the shelf with the power strip are computer stuff accumulated by my paying job(s).

Usayit>> I see that you have a tablet, How do you like it?? Couldn't live without it?? Strengths?? Weaknesses?? I'm dying to know!!!

Tablet is ok.... I've learned to use both the mouse and tablet together to bring comfort during photo editing. In general, i use the tablet for more detailed work and the rest I use the regular mouse. I purchased it used at a rock bottom price on ebay but if I were to buy it new retail, I"d tend to feel it was a bit over priced. 4x5 tablet seems a bit small.. software sucks for multiple monitors. There's no quick way to remap the tablet to different monitors at a single click or hot key. This has been a major complaint posted to the wacom user forums but their best response is "implimentation of that functionality is too complex for the current design".

sorry, but im kinda messy

ok...

my room:
200 gb external harddrive (travels arround the house, but there at the moment) & mac g4
DSC_0014.jpg

family comp:
hp photosmary printer & dell comp nothing special
DSC_0017.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back