show your business card(s)!

I know a photographer who has stainless steel cards. I think they cost him something like $5 a piece, but when he hands one out at a wedding, it gets passed around for everybody to see.

Just working on mine last night,.. I'm of the full frame mentality at the moment. -Shea

Front:
SHEA_Biz-Cards-Tower22-WIP-thumb.jpg

Back:
SHEA_Biz-Cards-Dst_Back-WIP-thumb.jpg

Full gloss coat, rounded corners.

I doubt seriously that your business cards are your best marketing vehicle, I'd throw the extra money into other things

I totally agree with this. I've always asserted that the function of a business card it to provide contact info. Nothing more.

Sidenote: You need an obvious way to turn off the music on your website. ;)

ALWAYS appreciated!

-Pete

Wow guys! really beautiful!

I'm not a pro photographer, but I AM a business owner and most decisions boil down to ROI for me. In this case, will having a plastic card increase the number of prospect conversions so dramatically that they pay for themselves?

I doubt seriously that your business cards are your best marketing vehicle, I'd throw the extra money into other things. How do you get most of your business now?
Business cards really aren't that expensive....if you get one or two extra bookings because your cards are different or unique, then you have your ROI.

Now will you actually get a booking because of a unique business card? That's the million dollar question...but all it takes is for one person to show it to someone else.

For the most part, I do agree that a business cards primary purpose is only to give people your contact details.

Now will you actually get a booking because of a unique business card? That's the million dollar question... but all it takes is for one person to show it to someone else.
Agreed, in theory. Either way $1 or $5 a piece is ridiculous, especially if you're not a high-dollar, high-margin business.

Nice that I stumbled on this thread. I am needing to print some one. I had about 600 printed by photo printer at Wolf Camera but it was for a dance retical. Only spend about $20 for those and it was customed designed on Photoshop with my sister in the background and two other girls on either side at the corners. I fell kinda weird because the dance moms, when i would hand it to them, it's fine to have girls on my cards (alrough they weren't considered "standard" business cards) but now that's all I have and I need to change them.

I feel weird giving people cards with three girls on them. I make sure to tell them that is my dance photography card.

I have considered putting one picture at the top of 30% opacity in the middle of a downtown Charlotte, NC panorama I did but am still contemplating that.

~Michael~

I have considered putting one picture at the top of 30% opacity in the middle of a downtown Charlotte, NC panorama I did but am still contemplating that.
Composites can be tricky when presenting photography, but the feedback & design direction is pretty good here, so maybe work up a comp & start a new thread before printing.

-Shea

Here is mine, I mainly use this card to give to 1st assistants and photographers. I also hand them out to friends and potential models. I don't generally like to point photographers to my website (which needs work and needs updated) since I am looking for assisting jobs and not clients, but anyone who really wants to see it will figure it out from my email.

I printed the front glossy and the back matte for jotting down any extra info. Also I always make sure to google "promo code" when ordering, there's always free shipping or something else available!

jasonkipbc-1.jpg

jasonkipbcback-1.jpg

I'm not a pro photographer, but I use stainless steel business cards for my "real" job. They cost a bit (about $1.80 each) but are well worth it. They stand out from any crowd. Take a look at some at www.metalcards.com

GTHill

P.S. If you call them, tell them I sent you. I don't get commission or anything, but I am sending them a new card design and maybe they'll cut me a break. :)

Most reactions

Back