shower

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
eveningshotsjune7018crjpg-vi.jpg

Feel free! :)

Very nice. I think I'd like to see a little more "black" area background above the fountain, so that it puts the top of the water spray in a thirds position. Love the position of the duck/swan/goose... hee hee, whatever it is. I also would like to see the fountain straight, horizontally, if that makes any sense, heh heh. Great work regardless!

Works for me! I like the composition and the idea.

The bird's movement toward the base of the fountain leads th viewer's eye toward the main subject (the fountain). This is one of those instances where "rules" do not matter as much.

Beautiful image, Dan! A few things to consider for next time. I agree that a little more space above the fountain might give the water more room to "move" into, visually enlarging the subject. Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer to see all of the water on the right. Another idea that would give space would be to move a bit left to try to get the goose, a Canada if I am not mistaken, positioned under the highest part of the spray on the right side.

Now, doesn't that sound great? I wish I could see things like that when I am TAKING the picture rather than AFTER. And, of course, you can't always control the situation, especially when one of the "characters" is moving around.

Yup, i agree with the others. Some more background in the top would add to it, methinks. Nothing that can't be sorted with a little PS

Thanks a lot everyone for the comments!!

Went to the same place today; same fountain, no sure about the 'character' though :), and more black for you with a fast shutter speed.

I'm aware that the horizon breaks the rule!

Anyways, what say you?

eveningshotsjune08005crjpg-vi.jpg

Yeah, the first was better with the slower shutter speed and tighter cropping. Are you shooting at a medium panorama setting or have you cropped both images to the elongated ~1:2 format?

Rainman said:
Yeah, the first was better with the slower shutter speed and tighter cropping. Are you shooting at a medium panorama setting or have you cropped both images to the elongated ~1:2 format?

So what is Medium Panorama setting and ~1:2 format? :)

Most reactions

Back