Shutter actuations, how many do you have?

Actually, I think I struggle to believe that. I've only got 5,739 files on the PC and that includes stuff from an Olympus, a Kodak, a Pentax and a Panasonic, plus all my processed versions. I don't tend to delete much either from the camera or once it's downloaded. My guess is that the 2,876 isn't actually far from the truth. From what I can work out, I got the 350D in March 2006. I don't take many pictures do I?

mine says 147 - 0001
My shutter number count is reset (mostly each time I go out for a new photo trip)
So I think 147 is the count, but err I have taken way way way more than 147 shots!

I am quite certain on the 1Ds Mark II I am borrowing I just flipped over 100 000 during my last wedding. I had a moment of panic when I kept getting this message about renumbering ya-da ya-da and it wouldn't work... then i realized what was happening. She still seems to be going strong!

out of interset what happens once a camera breaks its shutter - is it the dead end for it or is repaire viable (ie affordable without getting a new camera)?

mine says 147 - 0001
My shutter number count is reset (mostly each time I go out for a new photo trip)
So I think 147 is the count, but err I have taken way way way more than 147 shots!
147 is probably the number of times you've reset it.

out of interset what happens once a camera breaks its shutter - is it the dead end for it or is repaire viable (ie affordable without getting a new camera)?
From what I've heard (haven't actually had to get one replaced yet) it costs around $200 for a shutter replacement.

This is interesting because I was looking at used 1D's in a shop - the prices were affordbale and most of the cameras had between 45,000 - 75,000 actuations. It would be useful to know how long these bodies have left to live!

you know thinking on it I seem to remember someone saying that shutter aquations are not accessable for lower end (reble) canon DSLRs - only canon can retrive the details - the rest of us have to never reset our counter if we want to keep up -

well I keep each different photoshoot in a different folder - so its easier for me to read off the file numbers in smaller numbers than in bigger ones ;)

I was curious myself, so I went to Nikon website and found this:

Question:
How many times has my Nikon camera released the shutter?
trnsp.gif

trnsp.gif
Answer:
There is no way to accurately tell the total number of times your camera shutter has released. While there are third party software applications designed to read a cameras shutter count, this number is not always accurate because the shutter release times may be reset by firmware updates, or reset in the Service department if certain parts are replaced or other operations are performed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back