julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys

looking to buy a simple shutter release for my canon. But I'm seeing that you to have to have certain specifications with them.
Like this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/460052-REG/Zigview_RC22_RC22_Shutter_Release_Cable.html I'm not sure what an S2 remote viewing system is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also, is there ANY type of delay when releasing the remote shutter versus the actual button on the body?

thank you
jules

hey guys

looking to buy a simple shutter release for my canon. But I'm seeing that you to have to have certain specifications with them.
Like this one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/460052-REG/Zigview_RC22_RC22_Shutter_Release_Cable.html I'm not sure what an S2 remote viewing system is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and also, is there ANY type of delay when releasing the remote shutter versus the actual button on the body?

Using your camera's built-in selftimer is cheaper, Jules: you've already got that! Of course there is then either a 2 second or a 10 second delay.

Have fun!

I just got a cheap shutter release from Adorama for my XTI and it seems to work nicely. No noticable delay. Canon makes wireless remotes too, but I've heard they have delays and it has to have a line of sight to the sensor on the front of the camera.

I just got a cheap shutter release from Adorama for my XTI and it seems to work nicely. No noticable delay. Canon makes wireless remotes too, but I've heard they have delays and it has to have a line of sight to the sensor on the front of the camera.

apparently most of the radio remote release controls are fine with being used behind the camera, its the laser ones that only like to work infront (because the sensor attached to the camere is stuck facing forwards

I didn't really see the need for one, though, since the only reason I got one was to reduce camera shake when using my tripod at slow shutter speeds.

If I were to want to actually be in a picture, I'd use the timer anyway.

apparently most of the radio remote release controls are fine with being used behind the camera, its the laser ones that only like to work infront (because the sensor attached to the camere is stuck facing forwards

I doubt laser technology is used in those camera systems, Over. I think it's IR (Infra Red).

I didn't really see the need for one, though, since the only reason I got one was to reduce camera shake when using my tripod at slow shutter speeds.

If I were to want to actually be in a picture, I'd use the timer anyway.

I know some people use them when photographing tricky moving subjects - sometimes you set the camera for the shot and wait - then you need to be able to control the shutter in an instant rather than wait a full 2 seconds - as for using the timer - can work, just don't what ever you do, trip over the tripod as you run to get in shot ;)

I doubt laser technology is used in those camera systems, Over. I think it's IR (Infra Red).

bah - same thing in the end ;)

I have a cheapy IR remote on its way
18$ including shipping from ebay.
supposedly works all around camera and upto 25 feet.

I will let ya know if this is actually true

I know some people use them when photographing tricky moving subjects - sometimes you set the camera for the shot and wait - then you need to be able to control the shutter in an instant rather than wait a full 2 seconds - as for using the timer - can work, just don't what ever you do, trip over the tripod as you run to get in shot ;)

bah - same thing in the end ;)

I should have made that clearer. I didn't see the need for wireless. I definitely need the remote shutter release.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back