Shutter replacement cost for a D7000.

My D300 already more than 55000 shots! 27000 seem way too low. If you didn't drop it, you should go back to NSC and ask them why. Well, for $300 bucks, it is still worth the trouble.

I don't see the activations with EXIF Viewer, either. I believe Nikon charges flat-fee for out-of-warranty work; my D40 was $255 for the SD mechanism.

You may want to give APS a call ( Home - Authorized Photo Service).. I've worked with them in the past and they are awesome. If you call they should be able to give you a quick estimate over the phone.

I'd love to hear what you find out... I'm afraid to look at my D7000's count :)

Whats really sad is the turn-around time at Nikon. My old D7000 was there for over 6 weeks on a sensor repair, and that was with me screaming yelling and kicking.

KmH said:
My condolences, but it a piece of mass produced consumer electronics.

Life's a beach, and then you surf.

So if you bought one of those $20 CFLs that claimed a 5-year life and it died inside of a month, you'd merrily accept it? I doubt it.... You'd be taking back for another one in a heartbeat.

Whats really sad is the turn-around time at Nikon. My old D7000 was there for over 6 weeks on a sensor repair, and that was with me screaming yelling and kicking.

Hmmm NSC here in Singapore is very efficient. I hand my sensor cleaned over lunch. They even check on the spot free!

Bukitimah said:
Hmmm NSC here in Singapore is very efficient. I hand my sensor cleaned over lunch. They even check on the spot free!

Cleaning a sensor and replacing a sensor are worlds apart.

That sucks sparky!

It's sad that such a nice cam only went to that. I have a D40 with over 200k clicks and still ticking. Well, kind of. I'm actually scared to use it anymore in fear that the shutter will crap out, and I could buy another one for the price of a shutter repair.

My D7000 has almost 100K and the D3 has 189K. No troubles so far with either!

I'm at 30,000 clicks on my D90, no issues (fingers crossed)
Hope they get you hooked up soon!!!

Well, I just got the call.

The shutter's broken. (Duh!
roto2gaydude.gif
) It will be $250.

Most reactions

Back