Shutter Speed Question

Nag, Nag, Nag! :lmao:

It's easy to think that Bulb meant Flash Bulb, but since I have some old cameras, with the tube and bulb, it connected. Just wanted to keep the answer on the right path.

No problem. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again!

god i wish my 20D had a T setting.
I think Canon should put a new "C" setting in their DSLRs. Where you can program in Hours, Minutes, Seconds you want your shutter open for for really long exposures, and then just hit the shutter button and let the timer start. I think its a good idea.

I'm not certain but I suspect that the problem with that is battery life.

I'm not certain but I suspect that the problem with that is battery life.

i dont see how it would take up any more power than when people have like 8 hour exposure times. the LCD could power off after a minute or so, but the timer keeps running and the shutter stays open.

god i wish my 20D had a T setting.
I think Canon should put a new "C" setting in their DSLRs. Where you can program in Hours, Minutes, Seconds you want your shutter open for for really long exposures, and then just hit the shutter button and let the timer start. I think its a good idea.

You can do this with a TC-80N3 timer and shutter release. Its not that cheap though.

Look at what it does though. It has a lot of features.

Luminous Landscape said:
The four primary functions are Self Timer, Interval Timer, Long Exposure and the Exposure Count Setting.
Self Timer
Just like the self timer on your camera. Except where most Canon bodies offer either a 2 second delay or a 10 second delay, the TC-80N3 allows you to set any delay (in 1 second increments) up to 99 hours, 99 minutes and 99 seconds. Let's call it 100 hours. That's just over 4 days!​
Interval Timer
The Interval Timer can be set to any time period up to 100 hours as well. If you set it to 10 minutes, for example, one exposure will be taken every 10 minutes until either the film runs out or the Exposure Count limit has been reached.​
Long Exposure
This one is easy. It allows you to take time exposures up to (you guessed it) 100 hours in length.​
Exposure Count
This fourth and final setting permits you to set the number of exposures that will be taken, up to a total 99. If you set it to 3 exposures you can combine it with an EOS body's auto-bracketing capability.​
Then you can do any combination of them at once. Like take 2 shots every 5 mins that are 1 min long.

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back