Shy

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a walk downtown Montreal a few days ago. Comments, critique...what would you of done differently...all welcome :)

4670192831_dac961d03c_b.jpg

Good contrast. I would like to see 6 to 10 inches above the door frame.

It is beautiful as is too :thumbup:

Pulling it up higher would mean that more of that tree on the right of the frame would show. I also tried a square crop, but I couldn't get enough of the stairs in.

the original does go up much higher, I'll see what I can pull out again.

Thanks for the comments. :)

This is from your blog post the other day. I still like the others better. This one is nice because of the odd curved stairs but I can see how a couple inches of door frame would be nice to finish it.

Thanks Dee. I did blog this a few days ago.

Seems the majority wants more frame... :)

I would also like to see more space above the doors, but the photograph is excellent as-is. Maybe increase the contrast slightly; the highlights look muddy.

Nicely seen scene. I really like the good camera alignment, and the spacings you've allotted. It's a nice look at a type of housing that just simply does not exist in my neighborhood. I like it.

Sure brings me back to the sardine designed houses we have here in San Francisco.

I think it's a solid piece Pierre. I really like the traingular patterns pointing down on the stairs to the left. It's where my eye wants to go I think you nailed the angle.

Hi,

I'd reiterate the point regarding height at the top.

It's also a pity that you didn't temporarily remove the bin from under the curved stairs, once I'd seen it my eye was constantly drawn back to it, most likely because it's a plastic bin so out of character with the subject.

Steve

Good contrast. I would like to see 6 to 10 inches above the door frame.

It is beautiful as is too :thumbup:

agree, but I would also put a bicycle or a cat somewhere to create a more natural look.

P.S. your photo name makes me smile)))))

white, Derrel, camz...thanks for the comments :)

Hi,

I'd reiterate the point regarding height at the top.

It's also a pity that you didn't temporarily remove the bin from under the curved stairs, once I'd seen it my eye was constantly drawn back to it, most likely because it's a plastic bin so out of character with the subject.

Its more by choice than anything else. I totally agree with you about not wanting it there, but part of what I like to do is half documentary style of urban shooting where there are only minor touchups done in post processing.

I could of crossed the street and moved it, but again, that would be manipulating the scene and not capturing it. I feel it adds a bit more character to the image (sad excuse, I know hehe), but I do thank you for your comments :).

agree, but I would also put a bicycle or a cat somewhere to create a more natural look.

P.S. your photo name makes me smile)))))

lol... I had left my cat in my other camera bag. :)
The scene made my smile, so glad it had the effect on your as well.

Here is one with some nice stairs and bicycles...but still no cats :(

3771266366_c53863c789_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back