Siberian Tiger Yawn - My Fav Photo Last Year

Caspertodd - I quite like your photos from the Zoo and look forward to seeing what else you can come up with :D

Also, here's a little trick I learned a while ago. If you want a little extra stability, build yourself a "poor man's monopod". You just need three things: String (something pretty heavy, maybe twine), a large washer and an eye hook with threads same size as the tripod mount on your camera. Attach the washer to one end of the string and the eye-hook to the other end. If you find yourself in a situation where you're getting shaky with any lens, screw the eye-hook into the tripod mount on your camera, drop the string to the ground and stand on the washer. The tension of the string up to the camera acts as a cheapo monopod and really works wonders :D!

Overread - Thanks for the comment on the duck landing photo, I've actually got a few of them, but only one made it to Flickr. I'm considering posting that one here for C&C :D!

Chiller - It's definitely worth the visit, however I've found that overcast days are the best ones to go out there. The animals don't spend too much time out of their enclosures when it's sunny out. If you decide to head down sometime, I'd be glad to show you around, just send me a message!

Most reactions

Back