Siblings : Street

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Mansi, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    been going thru more stuff on my old computer.. so here goes a few more(posted one earlier today in the new gallery).. shot on col film a couple of months back ... converted to bw and resized for the web

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theyre old so technically may not be too cool.. but i liked em when i saw em today... they were sweet kids :)

Thanks for looking :hugs:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Great stuff - very interesting pictures and well shot too. You could do a featurette of all the rich local street culture for the photojournalism section quite easily with these - most people here are from Europe and the Americas, so I think it would really be appreciated!

Rob

3. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    they do look like cool kids.
    I especially like the slight wide angle distortion on the second one. It makes the kids look awesome!
    Love the lines in the first one too. The chair holds my attention for so long but blends so well with the rest of it.

There's always so much too look at in your photos mansi. I love em!

• Like Like x 1
  4. M @ k o

M @ k o TPF Noob!

Cool Mansi, your not using Photobucket. I can check these out here @ work.

I love these bw shots ! There's so much to look at in each photo.

Very nice :thumbup: :sexywink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Awesome as always! I love the perspective of the second photo!

6. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Rob - ofcourse i can do something like that ... just as soon as the work load is a little less.. havent foud time to shoot street in a while... thanks for looking and your comments :)

Meysha thanks a lot for your comments :D
    the thing the are sitting on is actually their bed.. it is called a 'charpoy'.. made of jute thread.. and it is what they sleep on.. out in the open on a hot summer night

Thanks M@ko! yeh iv given up on PB for now.. what a nuisance with the limits etc... can you not access PB from work?
    Thanks for looking and your comments :D

Thanks a lot cindy! i kinda found the distortion interesting when i saw it today :) thanks for ur comments :)

7. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

love conquers all, eh?

thanks for sharing these!

8. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Another excellent series Mansi. I am always impressed by your street photogs. These children dont have X-Box, or computers, or even a solid roof over their head, but they can still manage a smile.
    Very well done. :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like 3 the best!

10. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are among the most impressive of your photos I have seen so far. You already did very, very well when you still "shot only film", bah, what an understatement!

From the first I feel I want to see the little girl sitting on that bed with her brother (at first only the two, perfect composition in that one, mind!!!!!) up closer.

So you take us closer in your second photo using an angle that I would otherwise say is not good for photos of children, but for some reason that I cannot quite nail it works in this one. Probably because you are thus still providing context, like that of including the "big" sister (she is 10, 11? at the most?) in the background, doing her household chores!

And then at last you give us full sight of their pretty faces and big, big, BIG eyes! You really have a way of pointing out the eyes of the people you photograph. It is a talent, it is very YOU! You still have some great photos lying ahead of you, I am just sure.

Try to mix your photography between digital and film. I would suggest that to you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've always liked this series of yours mansi...really let's us into these kids lives on a personal level...starting wide to show context and moving closer to bring us intimately into their world. And they always have those beautiful smiles and deep dark eyes.

Your compassion for your subjects shines thru in shots like these...and they obviously respond to you.

Fantastic work. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. David A

David A TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    First off...amazing picture Mansi. I have to say that the contrast, tonal range and exposure on all of these are spot on.

I think I like #3 the most, which is hard being they are all so good...but the boy's eyes on the right side of the frame are just amazing. I couldn't take mine away from them. Anyway, very nice pictures...I can't wait to see what else you have. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: