Siblings

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Christie Photo, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

I'd love to hear some critique, even though I posted here. Tell me what ya think. THANKS!

[​IMG]

2. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

I like it. Hard to say because its a small pic on my monitor - but from this size the people are too small (in my humble). However, in the real pic, they may well be okay. Specially printed at say 8 x 10. Nice job mate. Love the setting.

3. Christie Photo

Thanks for the kind words. And yeah... the smaller head size helps sell larger prints!

Thanks again.

4. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Exposure is great and a nice setting for a photo. I agree with Duck that my first thought was the people seem a little small but I see your point that it will likely create a larger photo ordered. To me, the background almost calls more attention than the intended subjects, which a crop could help with since you've got enough room on the top. Overall a great photo, I am sure the family loved it!

5. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

That's great mate. Much better. Works a treat for me now. Congrats. my friend.

6. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a really nice, informal family portrait. The lighting here is warm and beautiful. I have only 2 problems with this image: I agree with Alison that there is too much background. There is enough beauty in the surroundings that cropping out some of the top would not hurt this image at all, and it would force the eye back to the subjects. The foreground, otoh, is perfect. :thumbup: My second nitpick is the unfortunate stick coming up right over the gentleman on the far left. I would have tried to get rid of that and move the folks in the foreground over to the left just a tad.

Aside from that, it's really warm and lovely, and I agree they must have loved it! :)

7. Christie Photo

Thanks for taking time to offer your help. I'm grateful.

The "stick" was intentional... and I agree... BAD CALL! It's acutally an old fence post and has a coil of rusted barb wire hanging on it. It's barely visable and not worth the trade-off. I thought it to be rustic. Turns out it's more annoying than rustic.

Thanks again!

-Pete