Sick as a Dog

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This is the family dog just waking up after having an operation to remove a lump on here leg. As you can see she's still quite sedated.

IMG_4280test1.jpg

I havent posted anythiing for ages and the editing on this one's not too good as i dont have photoshop to work with anymore. Having to use iPhoto, haven't got a clue how it works, took me about half an hour to figure out how to open the photo in the first place

I think the cone and the hand make for quite the emotional shot. The cone brings such a soft effect on the dog and bring almost a calm saddened feeling. Really awesome shot. I hate Iphoto. You can't do too much editing aside from simple cropping and removing red-eye. I'd get photoshop back if you can!

I agree with weaving wax the human element is awesome and the cone tells the story.

Awww. Doggie!
I feel for it when I see this photo.
If it could be all pale and sick looking, it would!
(Pets CAN look really sick in their faces, now can't they?)
Yes, I think the cone and how it catches the light, and the soothing hand add to what the photo wants to tell.
Otherwise it could be just a pic of a sleepy dog.
But this one's a dog at the vet's right after some surgery. There is a difference.

thanks for he comments

she was quite funny wearing that cone, kept on bumping into stuff and knocking everything over

nicely captured john..... i agree the cone definatley adds to it, good composition :thumbup:

JohnMF said:
thanks for he comments

she was quite funny wearing that cone, kept on bumping into stuff and knocking everything over

:lol: :( :lol:

i wish i had taken some photos of our little puppy when she was coned up like a satellite dish. I felt so bad for her but couldn't help laughing as she ambled through the house crashing into stuff. Sad and funny at the same time. very conflicting emotions brought back by this shot... tfs! hope she is all better... :thumbup:

thanks for comments

yes, all better now, the fur is growing back

tbo, I think she grew quite attached to the cone in the end!

Most reactions

Back