*Sigh* Taking Photos for Family

The 19-year-old nerd actually figured the maximum number of possible combinations, in case anyone was curious about that.

I just love this ^^^ :)

Glad it went well for both of you! I once was asked to take pictures at my sister's wedding, though I think there was a pro there as well taking "real" pictures (this was a long time ago and memory is fickle!) I don't think they expected professional pictures - just some candids to supplement the official photos. I wonder if I still have those negatives somewhere. Here's one surviving print that, even though it's blown out, is one of my favorites (two sisters and my father, who was used to our shenanigans):

Lydia Neca Papa.jpg

Monday morning update:

Our granddaughter's First Communion was yesterday, so we were all there. One "photographer" (me) and three or four directors. The sanctuary has a white ceiling, but it slants the wrong way for where we were posing. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry to be done and out of there.

Trying to get a good composition and frame while not including one of the "directors" kept me busy. I would photograph a group of three vertically, then someone would shoo in a couple more people, so I would then swivel the flash head and turn to frame horizontally. It was back and forth like that for a while. In thinking about it, I'm glad I didn't have to do the directing as well as the photography.

Yesterday afternoon was crisis after problem, after blowup, so I am just now going to upload the images to my computer.

Hoping there are some keepers.

Last edited:
Monday morning update:

Our granddaughter's First Communion was yesterday, so we were all there. One "photographer" (me) and three or four directors. The sanctuary has a white ceiling, but it slants the wrong way for where we were posing. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry to be done and out of there.

Trying to get a good composition and frame while not including one of the "directors" kept me busy. I would photograph a group of three vertically, then someone would shoo in a couple more people, so I would then swivel the flash head and turn to frame horizontally. It was back and forth like that for a while. In thinking about it, I'm glad I didn't have to do the directing as well as the photography.

Yesterday afternoon was crisis after problem, after blowup, so I am just now going to upload the images to my computer.

Hoping there are some keepers.
Sounds to me like significant quantities of highly alchoholic beverage are required.

Sounds to me like significant quantities of highly alcoholic beverage are required.
Absolutely!

My son's car developed a transmission problem Sunday afternoon at the oil change place. They had it for twice as long as they originally said. They may have caused the problem, but at the time, they simply didn't know what was the matter.

Drink #1

Since we were very late getting home, the supper burned. (not inedible, but not good, either).

Drink #2

After supper, GM and DIL got into a shouting match, and DIL stormed out.

Drink #3

Last edited:
Sounds to me like significant quantities of highly alcoholic beverage are required.
Absolutely!

My son's car developed a transmission Sunday afternoon at the oil change place. They had it for twice as long as they originally said. They may have caused the problem, but at the time, they simply didn't know what was the matter.

Drink #1

Since we were very late getting home, the supper burned. (not inedible, but not good, either).

Drink #2

After supper, GM and DIL got into a shouting match, and DIL stormed out.

Drink #3
Just curious, did the son's car not have a tranmission allready, hence the need to develope one? I'm pretty sure that all of my vehicles came with tramsissions when I got them. :laughing:

Sorry to hear it was not the best of days. Here have one on us..........
52276-Antalaya-Whiskey-Glass-500x500.png

Last edited:
Just curious, did the son's car not have a tranmission allready, hence the need to develope one? I'm pretty sure that all of my vehicles came with tramsissions when I got them. :laughing:

Sorry to hear it was not the bet of days. Here have one on us..........
Thanks for the proofread. (now corrected)

Thanks for the drink. I hope today goes much better.

I have "friends & family" pricing. Basically, I make it up on the fly when friends or family ask me to shoot for them.

I'll let them know if they want just a couple of informal photos, I can certainly do that and I won't charge them for those. But a full on portrait session? No, that's not something I would offer up gratis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back